There are 187 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I was just looking at the roster and Vernon Davis is gonna be 30 years old on January 31s!! Does this concern any of you?? Now I LOOOOOOOOVVVVE VD and I know he's a FREAK of an athlete but how much longer can we expect him to produce as ELITE and BEST TE in the Game?? Once a player hits 30 most of the time a decline in production follows but I know he stays in immaculate shape.

30 is usually down fall for RBs. Not all players. Vernon still has 4 to 5 years before he starts to decline.
4-5 years at most.
Tony Gonzalez is 37 and maybe top 5 TE... Most definitely a top 10 TE still.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Sep 13, 2013 at 7:32 PM ]
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Tony Gonzalez is 37 and maybe top 5 TE... Most definitely a top 10 TE still.

I was about to post this. He could lose a step and still be a freak!
Originally posted by outside4949:
I was about to post this. He could lose a step and still be a freak!

Vernon's biggest strength is always having that extra step though.
Depends on his Madden rating. If he falls below a 90, cut his ass.
He'll still be very productive when he's Tony Gonzalez's age.
The 30 year old thing only applies to running backs. Vernon Davis can be an elite player for years to come.
Hell, with him turning 30 maybe somebody will buy him weighted shoes so he will stop jumping to catch every freaking ball thrown his way.
kam chancellor must be destroyed
He has at least 4 more years at this level. By then Vance will be dominating etc. HarBaalke will have our s**t covered.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
kam chancellor must be destroyed

WOW wtf is it with 30 and the NFL and stupid people who doubt athletes. Tonly Gonzalez is trash right at 38 or whatever he is cut his ass too ATL he is no good no more. So was Jerry Rice after 30 and Joe Montana and Gore right....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason Witten: age 30: 110 catches for 1039 yards.

Heath Miller: age 30: 71 catches for 816 yards and 8 TDs

Owen Daniels: age 30: 62 catches for 716 yards and 6 TDs

Antonio Gates: age 30: 50 catches for 782 yards and 10 TDs
Originally posted by Axl49:
WOW wtf is it with 30 and the NFL and stupid people who doubt athletes. Tonly Gonzalez is trash right at 38 or whatever he is cut his ass too ATL he is no good no more. So was Jerry Rice after 30 and Joe Montana and Gore right....

After years of getting hit, it gets to you. But Davis hasn't endured a major injury plus he is a freak of nature so I think he will hang around for a while. Plus I heard he is improving his route running so I think he can actually get better.