There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
I agree

His talent is being wasted by a QB who cant get him the ball.

Other than these last 2 games ALex has always found Vernon.

This is true.

well 2 games is enough , pretty soon it will be 3 games , 4 games ..THEN fans will realize our passing attack has not made any real improvements

I've already realized that. However, implying Alex can't get Vernon the ball is simply inaccurate. He might have a hard time getting everyone else the ball, but he's proven capable of connecting with Vernon.

I'm not implying , I think Alex has proven HE CANT get him the ball, a big fat doughnut on the stats sheet for Davis is pathetic, I wouldnt mind if Davis went the entire game without a catch, as long as the other receiving options reaped the benefits of the tight defense on Davis, and made some plays , but they didnt ...it was our running game that won the Seattle game for us .......I'm a big Alex fan , but he looks lost at times
This was the first game in Vernon Davis career where he didnt have a catch. Alex Smith can get him the ball.

stop making excuses, the fact of the matter is this should never happen.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We need to get him the ball much more often. He's the best weapon we have in the passing game. Why oh why dont' we throw to Moss too? He gets 60 yard bombs when we do. Yet we throw to him 1 time this season....

I absolutly hate, hate, our passing offense. Roman and Alex are a bad combo.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,770


oh and i blame alex.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I've come to the conclusion (about a year ago) that every thread dealing with the office will turn into an Alex thread.

He's ruined that show also ?

Not only did Vernon not get a catch but HE DIDN'T EVEN GET A D*MN TARGET!!! THAT'S RIDICULOUS
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We need to get him the ball much more often. He's the best weapon we have in the passing game. Why oh why dont' we throw to Moss too? He gets 60 yard bombs when we do. Yet we throw to him 1 time this season....

I absolutly hate, hate, our passing offense. Roman and Alex are a bad combo.

We got to do something different. We have enough weapons now. If they are double and triple teaming Davis then Moss has to be open. Or Crabtree. Just not targeting Moss almost all season makes no sense at all IMO.
Originally posted by Mann716:
Not only did Vernon not get a catch but HE DIDN'T EVEN GET A D*MN TARGET!!! THAT'S RIDICULOUS

Maybe the Seattle game was a test for the WRs and they failed to get open. Alex wasn't looking for Vernon because he knows that he can get open and they have their chemistry down. There was an audible that Alex called to Crabtree and he failed to run the correct route.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by Mann716:
Not only did Vernon not get a catch but HE DIDN'T EVEN GET A D*MN TARGET!!! THAT'S RIDICULOUS

Maybe the Seattle game was a test for the WRs and they failed to get open. Alex wasn't looking for Vernon because he knows that he can get open and they have their chemistry down. There was an audible that Alex called to Crabtree and he failed to run the correct route.
I can't tell but I really hope you were being sarcastic saying that alex didn't look for vernon because he knows he can get open.
When Alex is rattled he plays like Chris Everett , that's why the passing game is off and on, when Alex has all the pieces set in place, blocking, WR's open and playing calling is on fire, he plays like a top 10 QB. He needs to be confident, or we see him getting back to his old self. Vernon was getting the ball pretty often when we were on our terror through the first 4 games.

The obvious answer to me is that the coaching staff needs to figure out first and foremost how to get Alex going again, figure out how to get Vernon the ball, maybe get him in different looks, maybe line him up as a WR, or HB/FB. Maybe STOP bringing in Kaep in such inopportune moments, like on 2nd and long or when the score is close. Ive noticed that Vernon practically runs the SAME routes every time, where's the creativity? We see so much creativity in the running game but our passing game is as bland as they come.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
When Alex is rattled he plays like Chris Everett , that's why the passing game is off and on, when Alex has all the pieces set in place, blocking, WR's open and playing calling is on fire, he plays like a top 10 QB. He needs to be confident, or we see him getting back to his old self. Vernon was getting the ball pretty often when we were on our terror through the first 4 games.

The obvious answer to me is that the coaching staff needs to figure out first and foremost how to get Alex going again, figure out how to get Vernon the ball, maybe get him in different looks, maybe line him up as a WR, or HB/FB. Maybe STOP bringing in Kaep in such inopportune moments, like on 2nd and long or when the score is close. Ive noticed that Vernon practically runs the SAME routes every time, where's the creativity? We see so much creativity in the running game but our passing game is as bland as they come.


He does run the same routes too much. And we never seem to put him at WR or even FB just to shift him around. Not to put him at FB for example. But he can come out of the backfield and be an after thought in the passing game. We need to hide him and move him around. We have done a terrible job with that.
Would like to get VD the ball often... but we are an offense that takes what the D gives you. Vernon is older and wiser enough to get that.. so is Moss. As long as their presence helps the team win, they will grudgingly plod along with the flow. The fact that he didn't get any attention recently gives me hope that Roman will FIND some way to design plays where he should be open and more directly involved.. but generally the QB won't force things if he is well covered.. and after seeing the NYG game, do we really want him to?
If we continue to get the ball to Vernon the WRs will not learn how to get open vs the better defenses. It will end up like last year, where are WRs disappeared and the only guy to show up was the same guy that Alex has good chemistry with. Vernon ufcking Davis.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
If we continue to get the ball to Vernon the WRs will not learn how to get open vs the better defenses. It will end up like last year, where are WRs disappeared and the only guy to show up was the same guy that Alex has good chemistry with. Vernon ufcking Davis.

You come out from under the bridge way too often to be your garden variety troll.
FREE VD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the war approach to the game that both our coaching staff and Smith take to preparation every week. For a Player of Alex Smith's caliber to not throw Int's is amazing. Sure it is dumbed down and supped up but it's offical. I am sold. VD will get the damn ball when it is needed. See the Saints game etc.