LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 376 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
No. Athletic Freak, but thats not enough.

Now if for some reason he and Kaep are able to develope a real chemistry over his remaining years, and hes able to snag a few records, than maybe, but still highly doubtful. He would have to have some insane numbers over the remainder of his career.

This. With the way TEs are playing now he is going to need more seasons like 2009 along with continued dominance in the playoffs to even be considered. He certainly has the talent, but his numbers are far too low.
Give Vernon the ball now more than ever. The offense would be better for it regardless if Crabs was hurt or not.
So Vernon is FINALLY running from WR sets. Hoooray!. Also it sounds like he really likes Lockette and Hall, both burners. There is some more really good news. Those of us that wanted to see Vernon line up at WR are going to get our chance. Additionally, those who wanted that "Mike Williams-like" WR, maybe we not only got one, we got two. This is Coach Harbaugh and Trent at their best. Bringing in guys that could not only possibly compete, but also break into the lineup at times.. And with Vernon, finally getting Coach to think out of the box....all this is very good news. (came from Cohn the younger, so consider the source.). If true, I love it. I am still waiting to hear if LMJ lines up at WR also., but TC is young. As for AJ dropping balls and Kyle dropping punts, again...the camp is young. Nonetheless, good news...really good news.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM ]
ok
k
East Bay Sports Guy ‏@EBSportsGuy2m
Vernon Davis ran 46.7% of his routes from the slot (21 in total). He got 5 targets there, earning 3 receptions for 44 yards and 1 TD. #49ers

There goes you're #2 WR.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Vernon Davis ran 46.7% of his routes from the slot (21 in total). He got 5 targets there, earning 3 receptions for 44 yards and 1 TD. #49ers

There goes you're #2 WR.

Good stuff. I love that we're playing him in the slot. He gets a clean release on a slower, smaller player. Bet he wins that matchup every time.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
If I was Vernon I'd work out with Tony Gonzalez in the offseason. Even though Tony is not coming back. The best Tight End
Ever could teach you a thing or two.

Why the f**k would Gonzalez want to work out with Davis? It's highly likely they'll meet in the playoffs. Also, Gonzalez is 37 years old and nearly retired this year. I doubt he's pushing it hard.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

There goes you're #2 WR.

Good stuff. I love that we're playing him in the slot. He gets a clean release on a slower, smaller player. Bet he wins that matchup every time.

That's because we finally got a real tight end in McDonald.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

There goes you're #2 WR.

Yea that's why I'm not too worried about not having a legitimate #2, because its clear Roman uses VD as the chess piece to manipulate the coverage.

I was just looking at the roster and Vernon Davis is gonna be 30 years old on January 31s!! Does this concern any of you?? Now I LOOOOOOOOVVVVE VD and I know he's a FREAK of an athlete but how much longer can we expect him to produce as ELITE and BEST TE in the Game?? Once a player hits 30 most of the time a decline in production follows but I know he stays in immaculate shape.
Hes to old, headed down hill, cut him.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
It does but Mcdonald looks pretty dam good.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I was just looking at the roster and Vernon Davis is gonna be 30 years old on January 31s!! Does this concern any of you?? Now I LOOOOOOOOVVVVE VD and I know he's a FREAK of an athlete but how much longer can we expect him to produce as ELITE and BEST TE in the Game?? Once a player hits 30 most of the time a decline in production follows but I know he stays in immaculate shape.

30 is usually down fall for RBs. Not all players. Vernon still has 4 to 5 years before he starts to decline.
4-5 years at most.
Share 49ersWebzone