There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis

Originally posted by crabman82:
ya this had been happening a lot since CK took over. tons of times just getting it off and multiple wasted timeouts. we never really fixed that and it finally caught up to us as you said.

I think its Alex Smith fault for all those delay of games calls
Thank Kap and Roman for letting him disappear for half the season. He was the reason we were explosive in the playoffs. Kap ability to extend plays and get the ball deep to VD can be the KO we need like the pats with their TEs. Gore is another who needs the mall more in the red zone and critical downs.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
The last 4 plays of our season should have been designed for Vernon going against Lewis or a safety, no one can cover the guy but instead we went to 4 straight plays to a guy who don't get me wrong is a beast but the whole d knew who was getting the ball. It also didn't help kaep went to Crabtree 3 straight times

THIS I f**king yell every sunday especially Superbowl NO ONE CAN COVER HIM NO ONE in the NFL can he is just way too fast and strong. Idk why we didnt exploit Reed Pollard and especially Lewis overrated ass last week not to mention every sunday during the season.
If/when the 49ers get a legit #2 WR, this offense gets completely and utterly scary. Throw in Manningham and Williams/Jenkins and look out. Plus that four headed hydra in the backfield?! Good Christ almighty! I'm gonna wake up screaming touchdown every day till September 5th!
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
The last 4 plays of our season should have been designed for Vernon going against Lewis or a safety, no one can cover the guy but instead we went to 4 straight plays to a guy who don't get me wrong is a beast but the whole d knew who was getting the ball. It also didn't help kaep went to Crabtree 3 straight times

THIS I f**king yell every sunday especially Superbowl NO ONE CAN COVER HIM NO ONE in the NFL can he is just way too fast and strong. Idk why we didnt exploit Reed Pollard and especially Lewis overrated ass last week not to mention every sunday during the season.

I wonder what the original play was on that 4th down?
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,011
As soon as the game was over I was saying to myself that the play-call should have been thrown to Manningham had he been healthy....SMDH

The touchdown he scored against Buffalo this season....the way he got off the line....that move he put on the DB? As a former WR is was amazing and stuck in my mind all year. I REALLY hope Mario returns to form next year because it also opens up space for VD to do his thing (according to the film I've watched).
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Vernon needs to CATCH the ball - Fixed

He's been doing pretty well lately.

Lately yes. But he needs more consistency and he needs to learn to settle down beneath coverage sometimes and help more on 3rd down. He would be dangerous if he played more like TG or Welker.

Vd play like Welker? Are you aware of the physical differences of these two players?


maybe he was thinking of whitten

Is it too much to ask for a TE to settle down beneath the zone once in a while on 3rd down instead of streaking down the field. I think VD's biggest weakness is finding holes in the defense on 3rd down. He should be more of a safety net to the QB but he doesn't get open underneath enough IMO. Go Niners!!
he does , btu he dropped a few in the bowl that we needed......


He needs to WORK !!!!!!
If I was Vernon I'd work out with Tony Gonzalez in the offseason. Even though Tony is not coming back. The best Tight End
Ever could teach you a thing or two.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Is it too much to ask for a TE to settle down beneath the zone once in a while on 3rd down instead of streaking down the field. I think VD's biggest weakness is finding holes in the defense on 3rd down. He should be more of a safety net to the QB but he doesn't get open underneath enough IMO. Go Niners!!

You're right, but this is where another TE like a Zach Ertz could come into play to complement the big play ability of Vernon Davis. I've just come to accept that Vernon Davis is going to get receiver like numbers because of that big play ability (3-5 catches a game, averaging over 14 yards a catch).
Vernon Davis coming up next on Mike and Mike in the morning.
And he SAID...
Kaepernick is the man.
Mort was just on and said at combine he has never seen a team more hurting from a SB loss than the 49ers.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Mort was just on and said at combine he has never seen a team more hurting from a SB loss than the 49ers.

#Robbed