Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
I love Vernon but time to trade him once he gets healthy
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Schefter just said that Vernon Davis is on the trade block

Nobody gonna trade for him. We'd get a 6th at best but prolly not even that.

I just hope they shut him down/ make him our 3rd TE. He's a liability with his effort. You cant even count on him to block well anymore.

When healthy, he is still a better blocker and receiver all day every day that any other TE on the team. It isn't close.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Vd should just milk the injury and retire. It's been a good run vd but it's the end of the line.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

I just hope they shut him down/ make him our 3rd TE. He's a liability with his effort. You cant even count on him to block well anymore.

When healthy, he is still a better blocker and receiver all day every day that any other TE on the team. It isn't close.

Yeah..when he gives a s**t...which he doesnt. My point is his lack of effort is a liability. Its pretty easy to tell he doesnt really try all that hard.

Yeah..when he gives a s**t...which he doesnt. My point is his lack of effort is a liability. Its pretty easy to tell he doesnt really try all that hard.

He is better than Mcdonald or Celek even when he doesn't appear to give a ****.
Maybe his half effort > than other TEs full effort

He's not coming back next season, the 49ers aren't going anywhere this season, if they can get something for him, even if its just a 6th or 7th rounder, why not.

Ehh when talking about receiving in the most basic sense I'd argue he's definitely NOT the best TE on this team. His hands are terrible. He never fights for the ball. If it doesn't hit him in the numbers, he ain't putting any extra effort to get it. f**king bunny hopping for everything.

Is he a mismatch? Absolutely. But celek is a better "receiver".

2 years ago I'd buy this argument...now not so much.

Thank God. One more fake-ass b***h can leave and go home and sit on his couch. Take Bush with you!

After those two, you know everyone else has heart at least. You can work with that.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Ehh when talking about receiving in the most basic sense I'd argue he's definitely NOT the best TE on this team. His hands are terrible. He never fights for the ball. If it doesn't hit him in the numbers, he ain't putting any extra effort to get it. f**king bunny hopping for everything.

Celek hasn't been much of a receiver for the 49ers or in college. Speed, route running and YAC ability are all receiver skills IMO.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Thank God. One more fake-ass b***h can leave and go home and sit on his couch. Take Bush with you!

After those two, you know everyone else has heart at least. You can work with that.

Vance McDonald?
Talent trumps heart
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Yeah i was only really talking about him as a blocker. When hes not trying as a blocker our running plays get blown up and everybody blames the oline when its Davis just letting his man through.

As a receiver Celek is definitely better as was Carrier whos catching TDs for Washington now. Im sure Busta is a better receiver too and Bell prob has better hands. Vernons hands have always been bad and were only decent when he was really trying. I doubt hes staying after with the jugs machines anymore.
He'll always be a Niner but it's time for him to go.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He's not coming back next season, the 49ers aren't going anywhere this season, if they can get something for him, even if its just a 6th or 7th rounder, why not.

send him to the Ravens
Celek hasn't been much of a receiver for the 49ers or in college. Speed, route running and YAC ability are all receiver skills IMO.

Gotta catch the ball first...

Vernon is not a great route runner. Not sure why you brought that up.
Vernon at this point in his career is not racking up much YAC. Could be because of the QB. Could be the play being called. Could be his age. Or maybe even his back issues. Regardless, Vernon is not a great "receiver" and appears to be losing his greatest asset, his speed.
Share 49ersWebzone