LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Trade him to Denver since they need a TE with Thomas going to Jax in exchange for a 3rd n a 6th pick in this yr draft. Then draft Maxx Williams.

VD has seriously become a desease
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Trade him to Denver since they need a TE with Thomas going to Jax in exchange for a 3rd n a 6th pick in this yr draft. Then draft Maxx Williams.

disease.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
New leaders on this team:

1- VD
2- Staley
3- Bowman
4- Boldin
5- Kap
6- Bethea

Dockett too.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

disease.

here we go with the grammar patrol watching your every typing move. come on give me a break u know what i meant.............carry on
you
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
New leaders on this team:

1- VD
2- Staley
3- Bowman
4- Boldin
5- Kap
6- Bethea

Dockett too.

Despite the loss of leadership over the past days, that list is a group that will be great in limiting the leadership void.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by babarvaart:
you

The day Vernon is off this team or phased out of this offense is the day that the 49ers offense will finally be consistent again.

I'm sorry, as "big play" as this dude is, he does not provide what a TE should provide and that's QB safety net and consistency in the passing game. We are go big or go home and Vernon is a key aspect of that mentality.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
The day Vernon is off this team or phased out of this offense is the day that the 49ers offense will finally be consistent again.

I'm sorry, as "big play" as this dude is, he does not provide what a TE should provide and that's QB safety net and consistency in the passing game. We are go big or go home and Vernon is a key aspect of that mentality.

you do not have a quality replacement for him. i am more than willing to give him , boone and others who had a off year last year a major break. after last years trainwreck, distractions, terrible coaching etc,, everyone deserves a fresh start in my opinion

I agree. I know this will be sacrilege but I feel Baalke alluded to this same concept with Gore to. We had to remain a power run offense b/c that was the strength of Gore. Now, we can move to a 3-headed monster, utilize the RB's in the passing game, run up inside the OT's and outside as well now and even implement a zone blocking scheme and make some personnel changes instead of having to stick with OL that are playing like crap or are one-trick ponies.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
All I have to say is that VD should start giving way to the 49ers future best TE of ALLL TIMEEEEE... in Derek Carrier!!!
Originally posted by cciowa:

you do not have a quality replacement for him. i am more than willing to give him , boone and others who had a off year last year a major break. after last years trainwreck, distractions, terrible coaching etc,, everyone deserves a fresh start in my opinion

If by replacement, you mean a TE who can run a 4.38 forty, and for the most part, must have the ball literally drop into his chest to catch it...well, that won't give you a consistent offense.

IMO, there are many many TE's in the league who can do much more with much less in terms of offensive consistency.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
If by replacement, you mean a TE who can run a 4.38 forty, and for the most part, must have the ball literally drop into his chest to catch it...well, that won't give you a consistent offense.

IMO, there are many many TE's in the league who can do much more with much less in terms of offensive consistency.

in my opinion those tight ends you speak of do not exist on our team , but again having a open mind, i hope vance has improved from last year and while i am not like moon and do not think carrier is the second coming of ted kwalik, i hope he can do something as well. if vernon starts out s**tty and has a repeat performance of last year, sure ship him, dump him. but again i think all players whether they were on this team or not deserve a open mindset for the coming year

in my opinion those tight ends you speak of do not exist on our team , but again having a open mind, i hope vance has improved from last year and while i am not like moon and do not think carrier is the second coming of ted kwalik, i hope he can do something as well. if vernon starts out s**tty and has a repeat performance of last year, sure ship him, dump him. but again i think all players whether they were on this team or not deserve a open mindset for the coming year

I think Vance can do it. Vernon started his career with many drops and still has issues finishing catches. Imagine if Vernon, his rookie year, dropped a couple of balls, and wasn't given as many reps as he did? He would be in a similar boat as Vance.

Fact is, Vance gets open. Dropping balls won't be an issue with more reps.

Delanie is a perfect example. He wasn't known as having reliable hands and wasn't considered anything close to Vernon. Now, he gets more reps and is considered a better TE than Vernon. It's all about reps and opportunities.

Vernon isn't a great TE. He's a decent TE with amazing speed. That's it.
[ Edited by Joecool on Mar 20, 2015 at 11:06 AM ]

I think Vance can do it. Vernon started his career with many drops and still has issues finishing catches. Imagine if Vernon, his rookie year, dropped a couple of balls, and wasn't given as many reps as he did? He would be in a similar boat as Vance.

Fact is, Vance gets open. Dropping balls won't be an issue with more reps.

Delanie is a perfect example. He wasn't known as having reliable hands and wasn't considered anything close to Vernon. Now, he gets more reps and is considered a better TE than Vernon. It's all about reps and opportunities.

Vernon isn't a great TE. He's a decent TE with amazing speed. That's it.
He's a great TE...like you said ..get the ball in his hands
Share 49ersWebzone