LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
This year should be it for Vernon as a Niner. Seems to have lost a step and his desire to play.

How many years does he have left on his contract?
This year should be it for Vernon as a Niner. Seems to have lost a step and his desire to play.

The entire TE position was unproductive - it's not like McDonald or Carrier lit it up, making Vernon expendable. I think he has a bounce-back season. If not, he'll be gone next offseason.
Originally posted by slowriot:

The entire TE position was unproductive - it's not like McDonald or Carrier lit it up, making Vernon expendable. I think he has a bounce-back season. If not, he'll be gone next offseason.
McD/Carrier were injured..VD just took plays away from guys that could have been more productive
I appreciate vern. But i also appreciate brent jones and teddie kwalick. Physically mediocretight ends who knew where to sit in a zone or sneak in a seam.
Only 1 target in the red one ALL YEAR. so all of you saying he lost a step or the desire to play......I think you couldn't be more wrong. He was injured and kap did not throw to him much as well as not many te play calls. No time for kap to throw due to the horrible ol play. Vernon is the only te ever I believe to get 13 td in two years for a reason and he didn't magically drop off. You will see nex year. I say at least 10 tds and 750 yards.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Only 1 target in the red one ALL YEAR. so all of you saying he lost a step or the desire to play......I think you couldn't be more wrong. He was injured and kap did not throw to him much as well as not many te play calls. No time for kap to throw due to the horrible ol play. Vernon is the only te ever I believe to get 13 td in two years for a reason and he didn't magically drop off. You will see nex year. I say at least 10 tds and 750 yards.

Geep allegedly called the plays in the redzone last year...I hope that is not correct.
He's had plenty of targets and plenty of drops...looked like was injured out there the whole year..which he should have just took some games off to get fully healthy

but VD is VD..ball has to be perfect and all his routes half circles..you would figure he would know how to run a slant or make a cut..but oh well
V. Davis' drop rate in 2014 was 10%

Jace Amaro: 11.3%

Dwayne Allen: 12%

Gronk: 5.3%

Graham: 6.5%
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He's had plenty of targets and plenty of drops...looked like was injured out there the whole year..which he should have just took some games off to get fully healthy

but VD is VD..ball has to be perfect and all his routes half circles..you would figure he would know how to run a slant or make a cut..but oh well

VD has NEVER had plenty of targets??? In 2013 he had a td every 4 catches and finished with 13 which is ridiculously good. He will be fine for 10 plus tds if healthy
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
V. Davis' drop rate in 2014 was 10%

Jace Amaro: 11.3%

Dwayne Allen: 12%

Gronk: 5.3%

Graham: 6.5%

LMAO...I like how you posted a stat to make it look like VD didn't suck!!! You should've left Gronk and Graham off that list I think they have like 80 reception each. Even with the other 2 scrubs VD is still behind...Allen was a TD machine and Amaro had more reception and yards...ROTF LMAO.

I met Vernon today!

[ Edited by Rocket4989 on Feb 28, 2015 at 5:57 PM ]
Originally posted by ltrain:

Geep allegedly called the plays in the redzone last year...I hope that is not correct.

Only person alleging that has the last name of Cohn. Everyone else trumpeting that are NT doomsayers.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Feb 28, 2015 at 6:03 PM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Only person alleging that has the last name of Cohn. Everyone else trumpeting that are NT doomsayers.

I thought that was kawakami's report ? kawakami changed his last name ?
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Feb 28, 2015 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
I met Vernon today!

Awesome bro!
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
I met Vernon today!

Nice!

VD peddling his junk as usual.
Share 49ersWebzone