LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Vernon could go to the Cowboys and Tony Romo will turn him into a 1200 yard receiver. That's what he can do. Kap is not going to be a
top tier guy anytime soon if at all. Vernon needs a good QB to get the best out him and we don't have one. He'd be great in Detroit, Denver, Green Bay.
A number of places. Kap combined with Roman ineptitude does not make Vernon a threat. He's a cap casualty unfortunately. Somebody will
get Vernon for cheap next year and they'll be getting someone who still has a bunch of good football left in him. Too bad we wasted most of his good years:(
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
MaioccoCSN

49ers TE Vernon Davis, who hasnt caught a pass in 10 full quarters: "There are a lot of distractions around here."

Vernon Davis

They brought me here to catch passes. Thats what I thought. They brought me in here to catch passes, initially. But this year has been a little tough. I didnt say anything. I stayed in my corner and continued to do whatever I could do to help this team win.

There are a lot of distractions around here -- a lot of distractions. All season long there were a lot of distractions. But we tried our best to fight through them.

Even now, theres a lot of talk about Harbaugh not being here. I've been in this position before. All you can do as a player is just stay in your lane and let everything else fall where it needs to fall.

I just seems like everything that we expected for ourselves and everything we planned to do is just not happening. We can point fingers in any direction, but we dontt know. As a player, I don' know. I leave that up to the coaches and the owners, Jed York, and I leave that up to them. I do what I can do to be a leader and finish the season strong.

You cant do anything, say anything, until its all over. Right now, we have one game left and itts up to us to finish strong, keep our heads held high and win.

Looking to point fingers!!! Lol...use your index fingers and poke your self in the eyeball. Then use SIRI to call one of the Seattle defender that took hour heart and nuts.LMAO
This guy is an idiot.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Vernon could go to the Cowboys and Tony Romo will turn him into a 1200 yard receiver. That's what he can do. Kap is not going to be a
top tier guy anytime soon if at all. Vernon needs a good QB to get the best out him and we don't have one. He'd be great in Detroit, Denver, Green Bay.
A number of places. Kap combined with Roman ineptitude does not make Vernon a threat. He's a cap casualty unfortunately. Somebody will
get Vernon for cheap next year and they'll be getting someone who still has a bunch of good football left in him. Too bad we wasted most of his good years:(

Hope we keep him. This season was a wash and he was hurt. We know what he's capable hopefully the next offensive regime uses him!

Everybody thought Gore was gonna have to take a pay cut before this season but Baalke shot that down.
let him improve his brand somewhere else next year.
I couldn't be more disapointed in VD this year. He started the year off wrong with his entitled holdout. When he did come back, he looked like he didnt want to be there. When he had some chances, he had some big drops with his stone hands...as usual. He played uninspired all year when the team really needed him to step up. He blamed it on distractions. NO s**t DUDE! If you were the guy you say you are - the one who deserved a pay raise, you would have stepped up and been a leader on the team. Instead you faded away.
I'm probably in the minority that wants to keep him. Everyone outside of boldin and gore sucked. Give him a chance to be a threat again without Crabtree. Stevie Johnson will be a nice #2 next season.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I'm probably in the minority that wants to keep him. Everyone outside of boldin and gore sucked. Give him a chance to be a threat again without Crabtree. Stevie Johnson will be a nice #2 next season.

This
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

This

Totally this. With Crabs likely gone, Davis will get his targets again.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I couldn't be more disapointed in VD this year. He started the year off wrong with his entitled holdout. When he did come back, he looked like he didnt want to be there. When he had some chances, he had some big drops with his stone hands...as usual. He played uninspired all year when the team really needed him to step up. He blamed it on distractions. NO s**t DUDE! If you were the guy you say you are - the one who deserved a pay raise, you would have stepped up and been a leader on the team. Instead you faded away.
He really was my favorite Niners the last couple of years. I just really appreciated his turn around story. But, this year the old Vernon returned and as far as I'm concerned he can kick rocks. He just didn't disappear in the passing game, he complete folded as a blocker. Watch the last couple of games. He doesn't even try and block. It's disgusting. I've lost all respect for him. Total quitter.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 29, 2014 at 7:33 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
my feelings exactly. usually i have a very strong opinion on players and coaches and then he has the nerve to blame it on distractions when he fired the first shot across the bow in regards to distractions. i truly have no idea what to think. since we do not have a great person behind him, do we just brush it off as a bad year or with the uninspired play that he displayed, should we just cut bait.. i truly do not have a opinion because i just have no idea what to make out of this,, the most negative surprise of the year to me

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/davis-promises-tomsula-take-part-offseason-program

One of the comments reminded me of his stocks. We should all buy them low!!
Does Tomsula have pictures of VD having gay sex
Interesting:

Bay Area Sports ‏@BANG_Sports 13m13 minutes ago
Photos: San Francisco 49ers star tight end Vernon Davis selling San Jose home http://bayareane.ws/19Zrf7j 
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_27578397/photos-san-francisco-49ers-star-tight-end-vernon?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Share 49ersWebzone