There are 217 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
I actually cried after that play. I never succumb to shedding tears, but this season has been super hard for Vernon, everytime he gets something going or makes a big play it seems like it is getting called back. It was an AMAZING play, I know Vernon has alot of heart. Its terrible that they called that back.
Originally posted by prime21:
I actually cried after that play. I never succumb to shedding tears, but this season has been super hard for Vernon, everytime he gets something going or makes a big play it seems like it is getting called back. It was an AMAZING play, I know Vernon has alot of heart. Its terrible that they called that back.

Not only that but he was getting open and Kap hardly looks his way
That play gave me hope that the old Vernon Davis is in there somewhere.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Lol! Vernon actually met defensive player that is just like Vernon. That dude kept back pedaling waiting for Vernon to make a move until he was already in the end zone.
[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM ]
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Patriots would buy high on him
Originally posted by Kuya:

Trade Vernon for The Gronk straight up!
A very disappointing season. If he stays I wonder which Vernon appears next season?

Sack Mangini, by the way.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Kuya:

Trade Vernon for The Gronk straight up!

They won't do that, but I bet they'd love to pair him with Gronk.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
MaioccoCSN

49ers TE Vernon Davis, who hasnt caught a pass in 10 full quarters: "There are a lot of distractions around here."

Vernon Davis

They brought me here to catch passes. Thats what I thought. They brought me in here to catch passes, initially. But this year has been a little tough. I didnt say anything. I stayed in my corner and continued to do whatever I could do to help this team win.

There are a lot of distractions around here -- a lot of distractions. All season long there were a lot of distractions. But we tried our best to fight through them.

Even now, theres a lot of talk about Harbaugh not being here. I've been in this position before. All you can do as a player is just stay in your lane and let everything else fall where it needs to fall.

I just seems like everything that we expected for ourselves and everything we planned to do is just not happening. We can point fingers in any direction, but we dontt know. As a player, I don' know. I leave that up to the coaches and the owners, Jed York, and I leave that up to them. I do what I can do to be a leader and finish the season strong.

You cant do anything, say anything, until its all over. Right now, we have one game left and itts up to us to finish strong, keep our heads held high and win.

Completely agree with him. It's been tough because roman is a dunce. Vernon has suffered an entire career with OC's who can't maximize his talent. If he was on the patriots or the saints or somewhere like that all this time he would have shattered so many records by now.

He wasn't into it in Seattle BUT he was into it against the chargers he caught the pass ran it for the td but got called back. he was key in that ellington td and he was also essential in the kap td run. he was holding his block on the outside corner so kap could pass and once kap passed him that was it. if vd doesn't make that block it's still an amazing run.. but it's 50 yards and not 90.

hats off to him hope to see him dominate next year for the 49ers
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
hats off to him hope to see him dominate next year for the 49ers

This.
Restructure / cut for me, use that money somewhere else
if we let him and FG go and cowboy retires that will be seriously depressing. 2011 seems so long ago
he's the biggest question mark to me this offseason

is he finished, does he just need a coaching change, did the back injury ruin his season and he just needs to heal up?

seriously no idea, I just hope Baalke knows what's up with him
Share 49ersWebzone