LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Let's roll Davis! Need you too show up big time tonight!

i wish i could feel optimistic about what you are saying, we will have to win in spite of roman and davis. i wonder if any other team has to overcome obstacles from within their own team like we do in order to win games
I was just looking at the stats I didnt realize he doesnt even have 200 rec yards wow I know hes missed a lot of games but still thats crazy
Break out game for V. Davis on Thanks Giving
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Constantine:
Break out game for V. Davis on Thanks Giving

This
  • dj43
Davis is still a valuable weapon when used correctly. He is still excellent on wheel routes, seam routes and the like. What this offense needs is a TE that can find the open spaces in the zone, and for all of Davis' speed and strength, that is never something he has done well, or even at all.

Every good passing offense in the league has a big, strong and agile TE that can quickly find the space to relieve pressure. Keep Davis but find that kind of guy in the draft. Colleges are producing them. Baalke needs to just grab one.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:
Vernon ain't going to do squat tomorrow night against Seattle, he's too scared of Kam Chancellor! Glad the Niners were smart enough not give in and reward an extension to a declining player.

I'm still a fan of his. He is the only deep threat we have and I hope he will get it together soon. Seadderall always gives him a rough time. But with stevie and Lloyd it might take some pressure off him.

You're assuming SJ & BL get much work tonight. Roman has barely used them so far. Why would he tonight?
I really hope Davis shine tonight.

Bring back the old Vernon.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Regardless of why he isn't performing since someone showed him ranked as one of the worst tight ends in the NFL why hasn't he been sat down? This staff is terrible at giving snaps to back ups, but geez there has to be practice squad players that would out perform Vernon right now.
Tonight's the night Vernon breaks out of his shell!!!

How do I i know this??

Because I picked him up for my fan duel pool this morning and I need him to come through for me!
Good luck!

http://www.insidebayarea.com/breaking-news/ci_27024491/49ers-make-roster-moves-seattle-game
Celek could be good in short situations but gee we miss Delaine Walker.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erLegend:
I really hope Davis shine tonight.

Bring back the old Vernon.

I don't care as long as other players step up and we win the game.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
3rd down season on the line. Where is Vernon ? Jogging his route down the field.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
3rd down season on the line. Where is Vernon ? Jogging his route down the field.

He was so slow and clunky...I wondered who the heck it was.

Didn't look like him at all.
Share 49ersWebzone