There are 175 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
No heart
Originally posted by ads_2006:
dude might be gone after this season

Let him play his contract out. He'll net the team a good comp pick in 2017 if he walks. If he returns to his previous levels of performance, either a) we resign him or b) we will have drafted another TE this year and are prepared to absorb his loss. As great as an athlete he is, we need a natural pass catcher.
Once again bench this chump Vernon's is still traumatized by that licking Kam Chancellor laid on his a$$ since then he hasn't been the same. I don't know why they dont give Carrier a chance this kid aint afraid to get hit.

From Rotoworld just now...

Vernon Davis secured 3-of-5 targets for 21 yards in the 49ers' Week 12 win over the Redskins.

Davis' most notable play was a unforgivable third-quarter dropped pass that would have gone for a substantial gain. There are whispers Davis has mailed it in after the Niners failed to honor his offseason contract demands. He looks like a player incapable of helping any team at this stage of his career. Davis has also drawn poor blocking grades from Pro Football Focus
wrong thread
[ Edited by kujon11 on Nov 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM ]
Either Vernon is pouting and would start playing better once he got a huge contract or he just has lost it or lost interest. Seems like all of the above. He is playing scared big time and thats why he's dropping more balls than usual. Definitely wouldn't pay him. We need to see how he does next year and if he continues to play like this then let him go and draft a TE in the 1st. Part of me wants to trade him now if could get 1st or 2nd because after 2015 once we let him go if we have a negative in FA we would get a 3rd round comp if he signs a big deal elsewhere. Also, please get Mangini away from him after this year. And let Mangini take Roman, Solari, Morton, Chryst with him.

Side note: it's really sad though early in the season we were talking how he could get to like 3rd all time for te touchdowns and how far he could climb the ladder for receiving for tight ends now im wondering if he's done with us after this year or at most next year. 850 and 13tds to 200 ish and 2 tds. Can a guy drop off that fast?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 23, 2014 at 5:11 PM ]
Not playing with heart imo
  • CMIO
Thank God we didn't give him a new contract. Guy needs to go...huge liability on offense. One less target to go to on offense. Id rather see guys with heart in there, like Carrier.

Go sell your cum juice in some other city.
hot garbage
He needs to sit.

Dude has "checked out".

Ever go to work? And just go in with the mind set that you're going to lay low that day and not do s**t? That's VD. Except he's that guy that does this day after day.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
I wish we drafted Kelsey instead of McDonald. We had the choice between the two. Kelsey would be starting over VD right now. Or at least letting him heal up or light a fire under his @ss.
Thought he was going to break out today. More drops. Watching Stevie compete for the ball with breeland made me think how VD wouldn't have...broke up a sure INT. Little things....
Without a doubt, Vernon's the one Niner I'm most disappointed with. He's a shadow of his former self...if this is his way of trying to get a new contract, it's blowing up in his face. He's not one of Kap's go-to guys, no matter how many targets he gets. He's simply not producing. I think Baalke needs to draft an impact TE next April.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
He's a diva
Share 49ersWebzone