Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Hurt or not he's is sucking..and we dont have to wait to know that

Once again...if his blocking is so important to the team (power running and all) that the coaches want him to play injured, and he can't be as effective catching the ball...that may mean he's a better team guy than you would give him. But to each our own.

Vance is blocking better then VD right now, plus VD is running routes more then he is blocking

This!..... I doubt he could do any worse than VD.

It seems every week I'm hoping that VD finally starts producing, but time is running out. Hope I'm wrong but it looks like he is just going through the motions with not much effort.Will be interesting to see what happens to him in the off season, but I think he is history unless he snaps out of this funk. Come on VD....we need you for a deep play-off push!!!!

I think we need more competition at the TE position. When Delaney was here - the TE production was very good. I think - considering the importance of this position in the HaRoman offense - they need to either draft or get a Free agent TE to add more competition, just like they added LB, CB, and RB competition to those positions in the last offseason. Too late for this season, but I think the TE's have been underutilized in the Red Zone this year. I think G-ro got so mesmerized by Stevie, Lloyd, Anquan and Crabs that he's forgotten his TE's.

Then GRo should line up Stevie as TE sometimes...he doesn't need to block.. He just needs someone to account for him if not boom wide open

We should go to TE no matter what,.... we have gone away from it big time...I know we don't have the most talented TE right now, but there are,any other team that don't either and they still get them passes
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 22, 2014 at 5:36 PM ]
With all this talk from Harbaugh about Davis being on the verge of breakout, I expect two. TDs from him tomorrow. Book it.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
With all this talk from Harbaugh about Davis being on the verge of breakout, I expect two. TDs from him tomorrow. Book it.

I hope so, I'm also afraid he will play and do nothing again...the back lash is a scary thought

I hope so, I'm also afraid he will play and do nothing again...the back lash is a scary thought

hope he proves all you doubters wrong and scores 1 or 2 tds then you guys will have to go to his jamba juice to buy some smoothies.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Vernon is a very mediocre on-field athlete. All the other guys in his income bracket do way more when the ball is snapped.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4ever12:

hope he proves all you doubters wrong and scores 1 or 2 tds then you guys will have to go to his jamba juice to buy some smoothies.

Hey! Remember when Davis use to be good and we weren't wishing he plays an average game.lol
Originally posted by titan:

Hey! Remember when Davis use to be good and we weren't wishing he plays an average game.lol

Full disclosure here, I obviously believe VD hasn't been the VD we're used to seeing this year. BUT, he hasn't been targeted in the red zone since week 1 where he was targeted twice and score 2 TDs & that's not his fault.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He tippy toes around a lot, now. Pure sand in the vagina type player now.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by titan:

Full disclosure here, I obviously believe VD hasn't been the VD we're used to seeing this year. BUT, he hasn't been targeted in the red zone since week 1 where he was targeted twice and score 2 TDs & that's not his fault.

I don't necessarily want TD. I would be happy with receptions, 1st downs, or any kind of sign of involvement. There were time when he had a bad receiving game last year, but you can tell he was in and involved. This year he is just there!
Delanie Walker 5 catches – 155 yds. WTF we kept the wrong TE.

We should have kept both Davis and Walker. Our offense is a two TE set and they both worked perfectly in it.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Delanie Walker 5 catches – 155 yds. WTF we kept the wrong TE.

Walker also had 60 catch for nearly 600 yards last season. Vernon Davis would have nearly a 1,000 yard season with 60 catches (based off of last season's numbers). It's just one game. We kept the right TE. Davis is just having some kind of issue this season. There has to be some reason that he has fallen off so suddenly in one season and I'm not blaming the holdout.
How many drives has this overrated cat killed for us this year??!

Wtf was that? He never puts his hands up to TRY to catch the ball.Jeevus.
dude might be gone after this season
why does he run routes 1 yard short of s first? Injuries or not you have to be aware of where you are on the field. I personally don't think he is worth top TE money. I don't think he puts he time in and I think he relies on his talent and speed too much. He has rarely been consistent in 3rd down in his career. With his size and speed he should be a better safety net for his QB but he is super inconsistent. And this sand in the vagina guy was hding out. WTF?? Yall think he is worth top TE money?
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Nov 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone