There are 249 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The point is you said you heard of an undisclosed injury, i gave you three examples of how he is a liability to this team and himself if he is really playing hurt

i dont think they are shrinking his role, as they even tried to get him the ball by running it..since he cant catch

I would give him more respect by sitting and getting fully healthy..for when we really need him towards the end of the season..again, if he's really hurt

I also posted that he has not been targeted once in the RZ since the first game. That's TARGETED. That's just odd.

And once again, I don't know--you don't know, what they mean by an undisclosed injury...why why bash the guy for playing in pain if they think he can be of help? Blame Harbaugh or the team doctors. Maybe his blocking is so dominant that a tweaked forearm is overlooked...then they have to run him in a route once in a while to keep the threat visible...who knows?

Why bother to assess blame when you have no idea?
Who's blaming ?, I haven't heard of this undisclosed injury until you mentioned it...my comments are going off of what you posted..if he is really hurt..and how it hurts the team

not sure why you are getting defensive about it

OK...let's wait until we know what the story is before saying he should be playing, shouldn't be playing, or any other judgement that we should not make without knowing the facts!

Hurt or not he's is sucking..and we dont have to wait to know that

Once again...if his blocking is so important to the team (power running and all) that the coaches want him to play injured, and he can't be as effective catching the ball...that may mean he's a better team guy than you would give him. But to each our own.

Once again...if his blocking is so important to the team (power running and all) that the coaches want him to play injured, and he can't be as effective catching the ball...that may mean he's a better team guy than you would give him. But to each our own.

Vance is blocking better then VD right now, plus VD is running routes more then he is blocking
Originally posted by Giedi:
Hopefully he will be productive in the redskin game. It will make it a lot easier to score in the redzone if he is.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Hopefully he will be productive in the redskin game. It will make it a lot easier to score in the redzone if he is.

...I mean...
Also an issue, opponents have had nightmares game planning for him in the past. Literally, committing huge effort in game planning. Those efforts have gone elsewhere. Even if he was unproductive in the past, safeties were tied up in coverage. Not this year, those safeties are supporting the run game or providing help to the corners.

Vance is blocking better then VD right now, plus VD is running routes more then he is blocking

This!..... I doubt he could do any worse than VD.

It seems every week I'm hoping that VD finally starts producing, but time is running out. Hope I'm wrong but it looks like he is just going through the motions with not much effort.Will be interesting to see what happens to him in the off season, but I think he is history unless he snaps out of this funk. Come on VD....we need you for a deep play-off push!!!!
Respect VDs attitude in understanding his time will come and to let the coaches coach.

Having said that, he Still a p***y.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 22, 2014 at 2:46 PM ]
Well, we know Eagles fans would welcome him in town. See the still active thread on their site.
As usual, a few fans are quick to turn on a player...sad!

• Giedi
  • Veteran

even if he doesnt have a good game, we need more TE productivity and more TE pass plays

I agree. In fact, I don't know if they've used the two tight end set much in the redzone this year. I think they are going way too much with the 11 personnel in the red zone. TE's are run and pass threats and while they dont' have the speed, in the red zone, you don't need speed as much as size, strength and leaping ability.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

...I mean...

Nice article on the subject of *Redskins* -- enjoy...

http://www.examiner.com/article/redskins-team-name-is-not-racist
I still believe the real VD will show up.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:

This!..... I doubt he could do any worse than VD.

It seems every week I'm hoping that VD finally starts producing, but time is running out. Hope I'm wrong but it looks like he is just going through the motions with not much effort.Will be interesting to see what happens to him in the off season, but I think he is history unless he snaps out of this funk. Come on VD....we need you for a deep play-off push!!!!

I think we need more competition at the TE position. When Delaney was here - the TE production was very good. I think - considering the importance of this position in the HaRoman offense - they need to either draft or get a Free agent TE to add more competition, just like they added LB, CB, and RB competition to those positions in the last offseason. Too late for this season, but I think the TE's have been underutilized in the Red Zone this year. I think G-ro got so mesmerized by Stevie, Lloyd, Anquan and Crabs that he's forgotten his TE's.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Nice article on the subject of *Redskins* -- enjoy...

http://www.examiner.com/article/redskins-team-name-is-not-racist

well, that was eye-opening.
Share 49ersWebzone