There are 280 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
What is going on w/ Vernon? Another disappearing act. Thought he could have made a better effort on that bomb from Kap. Just didn't notice him much out there (again) today in the passing game.
ok,, this is the issue,,,,, now i missed this and my daughter, who loves vernon said the same thing you just said , he gave no effort.. english told me he did not think it was a major deal.. i have been a vernon bath water drinker for some time as many of you know,,, however if someone is dogging it , i do not care, i will turn on them.. i guess i need to see it for myself
Get him off the field. Carrier showing a ton of promise. Belichick would have benched him for his piss poor play if he were on the patriots. We have two young guys in mcdonald and carrier that both have shown flashes and need to be on the field. He is currently a waste of space.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Anybody know what was going on with him and Brandon Lloyd in the first quarter.........looked like they where arguing with each other as they where getting in the huddle
Originally posted by jimrat:
Anybody know what was going on with him and Brandon Lloyd in the first quarter.........looked like they where arguing with each other as they where getting in the huddle

Saw that too. Not sure what it was about but it definitely seemed like something was up between the two.
Saw that too. Not sure what it was about but it definitely seemed like something was up between the two.

One of the guys in the gameday thread said lloyd told him to "stop being a B*tch and play football." I am not sure of the validity of this statement.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

One of the guys in the gameday thread said lloyd told him to "stop being a B*tch and play football." I am not sure of the validity of this statement.

I'm starting to wonder more about Davis and his so-called "brand"...his mentality now. Could he have at least made a better effort on that bomb (and who knows, maybe draw a PI call if nothing else?) or was it just too far out of reach? It didn't look like he was that far away from where the pass fell...maybe it was just the angle but it sure looked close enough to make a better attempt than he did.
Originally posted by cciowa:
What is going on w/ Vernon? Another disappearing act. Thought he could have made a better effort on that bomb from Kap. Just didn't notice him much out there (again) today in the passing game.
ok,, this is the issue,,,,, now i missed this and my daughter, who loves vernon said the same thing you just said , he gave no effort.. english told me he did not think it was a major deal.. i have been a vernon bath water drinker for some time as many of you know,,, however if someone is dogging it , i do not care, i will turn on them.. i guess i need to see it for myself

?

I'm not sure what your talking about? Vernon has never gone all out for a pass. If it's not in his immediate catcH radius, he won't even try. Nothing new.
I'm starting to wonder more about Davis and his so-called "brand"...his mentality now. Could he have at least made a better effort on that bomb (and who knows, maybe draw a PI call if nothing else?) or was it just too far out of reach? It didn't look like he was that far away from where the pass fell...maybe it was just the angle but it sure looked close enough to make a better attempt than he did.

Watching him get pushed down like a little girl from a 6 foot nothing db on that first intended pass by kap pretty much sums up his play for the year. He has the physicals to be a beast and run people over but it seems like since chancellor gave him the concussion he is just trying to preserve his body. He goes down with no fight anymore.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Nov 9, 2014 at 5:01 PM ]
  • CMIO
He's not an asset, just a liability now. At least before he could serve as a decoy to clear out the middle of the field, but he doesn't even do that. Captain penis torpedo needs to go. I'll take my chances with Carrier, who plays with heart.
I'm done with this guy. f**k him!

• CMIO

Yeah lloyd pretty much called him a p***y (in not so obvious terms) because he was going down like a pansy.
I would seriously consider trading Davis this offseason, 30 years old, depends on his speed and is a pu**y. Get a TE in there like carrier who's hungry and has recieving ability, either way him, brooks or both will be gone for cap reasons

Watching him get pushed down like a little girl from a 6 foot nothing db on that first intended pass by crabs pretty much sums up his play for the year. He has the physicals to be a beast and run people over but it seems like since chancellor gave him the concussion he is just trying to preserve his body. He goes down with no fight anymore.

I agree, it almost as if he knows he's one hit away from being MIA for rest of season, I have a feeling that back is bad, and he's just fighting through for other important reasons like blocking and decoy routes. Hopefully he gets in gear, but it's been looking exactly as you say since that chancellor bell ringer. Kind of alarming.
He hasn't looked right most of this season.

Do you think he's still injured somehow?
With the problems the o-line has been having, I think VD is being kept in to block a lot more.
Share 49ersWebzone