There are 201 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hope he has a big game on Monday Night!
I said it a few days ago I don't expect Davis to play for the Seattle game "due to an injury of some sort" & NFL network just said the same thing. Really sad.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Is it just me or has Davis become a little vagina that can only play when 105% healthy.

is it just me or have some of our fans turned into people that love to throw our players under the bus for no reason and eat their own?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Vernon Davis injury should not keep him out of Monday Night Football vs. Rams

The most important news for the 49ers is that Vernon Davis seems like a good bet to play on Monday. A week after sitting out an entire week of practice before being inactive in Week 5, Davis was able to participate in all three practice sessions this week. He was listed as limited each of the three practice sessions, and wore a non-contact jersey all three days, but odds seem pretty good he will play against the Rams.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/10/11/6962581/vernon-davis-injury-49ers-vs-rams-tramaine-brock-anthony-davis
Hopefully he helps untrack our redzone offense.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Is it just me or has Davis become a little vagina that can only play when 105% healthy.

is it just me or have some of our fans turned into people that love to throw our players under the bus for no reason and eat their own?

This. The zone MUST have s whipping boy.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, Vernon needs to get the sand out of his vagina and play.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
I said it a few days ago I don't expect Davis to play for the Seattle game "due to an injury of some sort" & NFL network just said the same thing. Really sad.

Lol. Whatever.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Pretty unreal, nobody could play tight end in the NFL if they weren't tough as nails. Vernon is 30 the wear and tear of the punishment he has taken over the years is probably catching up with him. Maybe some of the guys who think Vernon is a wimp should go tell him to his face.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

lol at all those who walk in his shoes and know how serious the back thing was. i guess the zones usual favorite whipping boy in dahl bought himself a bit more time due to his run for a first down last week so we must focus our second option in vernon,, really sad people
IMO, we should rest him for the Denver game.

Why push it?

It's not like we are desperate for him this week.

Let him heal up. We will need him for the Seattle games and the playoff push.

So, for this and other very winnable games we should rest our "bread & butter" guys and give 2nd stringers game experience.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO, we should rest him for the Denver game.

Why push it?

It's not like we are desperate for him this week.

Let him heal up. We will need him for the Seattle games and the playoff push.

So, for this and other very winnable games we should rest our "bread & butter" guys and give 2nd stringers game experience.
i know we have done well without him for two games but we need all hands on deck, if they can play, in order to make the seattle games mean something . if you rest first stringers just assuming we can win, you are going to get some bad losses and you will not make the playoffs anyway.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Pretty unreal, nobody could play tight end in the NFL if they weren't tough as nails. Vernon is 30 the wear and tear of the punishment he has taken over the years is probably catching up with him. Maybe some of the guys who think Vernon is a wimp should go tell him to his face.
not to mention i would like to see them take the shot vernon took to the back and see how their vagina fares
Vernon is a Studd when he wants to be and I would also like to see the 49ers Feature Vance MacDonald More. They spent a 2nd rounder on him, might as well see what they got in him. Vance was a good receiving threat at Rice.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Vernon is a Studd when he wants to be and I would also like to see the 49ers Feature Vance MacDonald More. They spent a 2nd rounder on him, might as well see what they got in him. Vance was a good receiving threat at Rice.

maybe vance is like james, over valued by the web zone
Originally posted by mayo49:

lol at all those who walk in his shoes and know how serious the back thing was. i guess the zones usual favorite whipping boy in dahl bought himself a bit more time due to his run for a first down last week so we must focus our second option in vernon,, really sad people

I think the criticism is fair. Can't really deny that VD has gotten soft. Remember when he entered the league, dude was one of the toughest to bring down. Now, not so much.

It's time to let VD go he's definitely not worth elite TE money.
Share 49ersWebzone