LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 406 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
The injury didn't look serious at all, I wonder if this guy is still upset about his contract and the fact that he's no longer one of the go to guys. I hope am wrong tho

The injury didn't look serious at all, I wonder if this guy is still upset about his contract and the fact that he's no longer one of the go to guys. I hope am wrong tho

Even after a loss NT is full potatoe. Didn't look serious? It took him 5 minutes to talk off the field. He looked to be in serious discomfort.

you are
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

what the holy hell is this supposed to mean or imply? how is that view from the back seat?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i thought we did not need vernon this year because we were going to use five receiver sets?
No need to get upset. So, then Vernon has become injury prone....is that better? On top of that he's still showing those alligator arms. Carrier would have caught that perfect dime Kap threw him.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i thought we did not need vernon this year because we were going to use five receiver sets?

Of course we need him he's a great blocking TE
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Fact: In the Harbaugh era, the the 49ers are 0-4 when Vernon either doesn't start, OR finish a game. Wow.

This guy is priceless, when he isn't blocking, he's deadly in the red zone (EVERYBODY LEAVES HIM OPEN), and when he isn't eligible, he makes the o-line look good. Oh, and that clutch playoff power he has...

People can get picky about how he still tends to drop passes, but that guy is irreplaceable, more than Crabtree.

Well NOW the niners are 1-4 when Vernon either doesnt start OR finish a game. Here's another fact... when Frank Gore goes over 100 yards rushing... Niners usually WIN!!
Originally posted by JE4931:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Fact: In the Harbaugh era, the the 49ers are 0-4 when Vernon either doesn't start, OR finish a game. Wow.

This guy is priceless, when he isn't blocking, he's deadly in the red zone (EVERYBODY LEAVES HIM OPEN), and when he isn't eligible, he makes the o-line look good. Oh, and that clutch playoff power he has...

People can get picky about how he still tends to drop passes, but that guy is irreplaceable, more than Crabtree.

Well NOW the niners are 1-4 when Vernon either doesnt start OR finish a game. Here's another fact... when Frank Gore goes over 100 yards rushing... Niners usually WIN!!

I've got a better one...when the niners outscore their opponents in three out of four quarters...
Vernon Davis is still the most important cog in the 49er offence. When healthy.

Get well soon Vernon.

I wish he would lower his shoulder and punish defenders.
I just wish he would stay healthy during games.
Originally posted by 49erLegend:
Vernon Davis is still the most important cog in the 49er offence. When healthy.

Get well soon Vernon.

Not even. That still belongs to Gore.
Originally posted by CityKing415:

That was "pre-paint artist" VD.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by CityKing415:

That was "pre-paint artist" VD.

Yea, Vernon doesn't exactly give us memories of Mike Ditka. With that said, I love what he does bring to this offense, and we are just going to have to deal with these issues for now because he is a tremendous deep threat and a guy that can score at anytime.
Share 49ersWebzone