Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah, I'm not so sure with Boone.......next man up!

I give Boone no more than 2 weeks and he will show by the dress rehearsal game. Costs too much dough for him to sit out no matter who his hardliner agents are. Baalke won't blink so it is up to Boone

I'm betting if he holds out too long, there is a good chance he gets traded.
boone should have learned by joe how you get a extension,, he also should have learned from vernon how not to get one. if he did not learn anything and does hold out,, f**k him. if he sets around waiting for the niners to come to him, he will have a long cold wait

Agree! the 49ers hold all the favorable cards at this point. I think it's time for Boone to fold 'em.
the longer he holds out, the more reps other guys get, the more money he loses. the more respect he loses within the team and front office... the price of poker is going up every day for him in my opinion
Did Gore get this much hate when he held out in 2011?
Originally posted by verb1der:
If I was Baalke I'd wait until VD faces Kam Chancellor again, if he can catch 1 pass then maybe he deserves a raise!

one thing always leads to another around here when people dig in and just decide to dislike a player

I watched the NFCCG like 5-6 times, you can see it in VD's body language, every time the ball is thrown his way he braces for impact even before turning upfield. Super duper shook!

If our the SB goes through our arch enemies, and if they can neutralize our "main weapon", he is basically useless.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
If I was Baalke I'd wait until VD faces Kam Chancellor again, if he can catch 1 pass then maybe he deserves a raise!

one thing always leads to another around here when people dig in and just decide to dislike a player

I watched the NFCCG like 5-6 times, you can see it in VD's body language, every time the ball is thrown his way he braces for impact even before turning upfield. Super duper shook!

If our the SB goes through our arch enemies, and if they can neutralize our "main weapon", he is basically useless.
you are so firmly entrenched into your irrational dislike for vernon you can not be reasoned with but . i am not professor of body language but i do know had we not had vernon we never would have been in that game or do you know who else would have caught half the touchdown passes thrown by ck last year? vernon and his so called body language makes a nice scapegoat for that loss to some but to most people who can actually see the forest through the trees,,, they know there is no one on this current roster who can fill his shoes and do what he has done for us. if you think we would not have been a worse team without him,, then i just do not know
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

No, because he was our entire offense and deserved to get paid. Plus he held out for like a day or 2 and then reported.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I never hated on VD, its a business and he has to get all he can right now. Do yo thang vd.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

I never hated on VD, its a business and he has to get all he can right now. Do yo thang vd.
agree,, now he will go about it the right way. he tried something , the niners did not cave so that is that. wonder why boone thinks they will break their own rules for him?
agree,, now he will go about it the right way. he tried something , the niners did not cave so that is that. wonder why boone thinks they will break their own rules for him?

Maybe he doesn't and that's the strategy. His agent must know he could start at tackle for some teams and make a lot more money doing that.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

Boone will report first and then they will extend him.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Originally posted by crake49:
Maybe he doesn't and that's the strategy. His agent must know he could start at tackle for some teams and make a lot more money doing that.

This is a bad strategy if a trade is what they are banking on....I could definitely see them letting him rot for a season if he doesnt report.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by crake49:

This is a bad strategy if a trade is what they are banking on....I could definitely see them letting him rot for a season if he doesnt report.

It depends. Boone's agent may know something we don't know, like that there are a couple teams who would like to wait until Niner organizational frustration is at its height and then come in with a decent offer like a third rounder or something like that. If he continues to hold out, I could easily imagine Baalke pulling the trigger for a second or third round pick plus possibly another player.
VD outbreak reported at niner's TC.
  • thl408
VD has an alter ego. Captain Torpedo.

No idea what that's about. He just posted on IG that he is Captain Torpedo.
I'm betting if he holds out too long, there is a good chance he gets traded.

Trade him for a CB? Hmmm.
Share 49ersWebzone