LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 174 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
As per usual the esteemed journalist Mike Florio is compelled to desperately squeeze a drop of controversy out of an issue where none exists. "Even though Davis reported to training camp on time it's only because of blah, blah, blah... uh, make no mistake he still wants a new contract." Wow, really Einstein? I'm sure the Niners front office has been well aware of this long before you were. Once again, anything positive that happens with the Niners gets him riled up and foils his plot to show once & for all the franchise is falling apart at the seams. All that matters is VD's in camp, nobody cares about his future contract issues right now, Mike Douche-io.
It's nice vd didn't make this a huge distraction when it really matters.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I always thought it was just a ploy to make his brand/stock more visable and I wouldn't be surprised if it was either an "agreement" to take time off and rest and get guys like McDonald up to speed (which he benfited from big time with his chemistry with CK based on his own intervew) or a typical veteran move to take some extra time off. Think how many games our veterans have played over the past 3 years! We should salute the veterans who've had yet, another year, of perfect attendance!

It was a *very expensive* vacation!

LOL. I wonder how much he tallied up to date. Someone should check the books and see they really docked his pay. Hehe
Good point. I think he got something like 4 million via the stock offering and lost 200k + penalties. 4 million > 200k + penalties if I did my math right. So I think you are right. He **didnt** lose money!!
Originally posted by ninerjok:
As per usual the esteemed journalist Mike Florio is compelled to desperately squeeze a drop of controversy out of an issue where none exists. "Even though Davis reported to training camp on time it's only because of blah, blah, blah... uh, make no mistake he still wants a new contract." Wow, really Einstein? I'm sure the Niners front office has been well aware of this long before you were. Once again, anything positive that happens with the Niners gets him riled up and foils his plot to show once & for all the franchise is falling apart at the seams. All that matters is VD's in camp, nobody cares about his future contract issues right now, Mike Douche-io.

Florio really is the worst "national" reporter. We have a few local guys that give him a run for his money though.
I still love VD.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah, I'm not so sure with Boone.......next man up!

I give Boone no more than 2 weeks and he will show by the dress rehearsal game. Costs too much dough for him to sit out no matter who his hardliner agents are. Baalke won't blink so it is up to Boone

I'm betting if he holds out too long, there is a good chance he gets traded.
boone should have learned by joe how you get a extension,, he also should have learned from vernon how not to get one. if he did not learn anything and does hold out,, f**k him. if he sets around waiting for the niners to come to him, he will have a long cold wait
I always thought it was just a ploy to make his brand/stock more visable and I wouldn't be surprised if it was either an "agreement" to take time off and rest and get guys like McDonald up to speed (which he benfited from big time with his chemistry with CK based on his own intervew) or a typical veteran move to take some extra time off. Think how many games our veterans have played over the past 3 years! We should salute the veterans who've had yet, another year, of perfect attendance!

It was a *very expensive* vacation!

LOL. I wonder how much he tallied up to date. Someone should check the books and see they really docked his pay. Hehe
Good point. I think he got something like 4 million via the stock offering and lost 200k + penalties. 4 million > 200k + penalties if I did my math right. So I think you are right. He **didnt** lose money!!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah, I'm not so sure with Boone.......next man up!

I give Boone no more than 2 weeks and he will show by the dress rehearsal game. Costs too much dough for him to sit out no matter who his hardliner agents are. Baalke won't blink so it is up to Boone

I'm betting if he holds out too long, there is a good chance he gets traded.
boone should have learned by joe how you get a extension,, he also should have learned from vernon how not to get one. if he did not learn anything and does hold out,, f**k him. if he sets around waiting for the niners to come to him, he will have a long cold wait

Agree! the 49ers hold all the favorable cards at this point. I think it's time for Boone to fold 'em.
I hope VD gets his extension now!
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

As do I. Send a message to the team. You have to play ball to work something out.

BEAST
If I was Baalke I'd wait until VD faces Kam Chancellor again, if he can catch 1 pass then maybe he deserves a raise!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I still love VD.

penicillin....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
If I was Baalke I'd wait until VD faces Kam Chancellor again, if he can catch 1 pass then maybe he deserves a raise!

one thing always leads to another around here when people dig in and just decide to dislike a player
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

they will do it quietly just like they did with joe. take notes boone you moron
Share 49ersWebzone