There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis

Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The Jimmy Graham decision is out. Burbank has ruled he's a tight end. The Saints have won

The #Saints can now franchise tag Jimmy Graham as a tight end at $7.053M. A savings of $5M vs a WR tag

Thank goodness. If the arbitrator ruled him a WR it would have f**ked the entire system. There were at least 15 TEs last year that played the majority of their snaps in the slot. They all would have wanted WR money.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,830
for those who think i am over reacting when i say i will hate the day vernon drops a pass or has a bad day the above posts
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,830
did not mean sofa! he was to fast
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,932
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The Jimmy Graham decision is out. Burbank has ruled he's a tight end. The Saints have won

The #Saints can now franchise tag Jimmy Graham as a tight end at $7.053M. A savings of $5M vs a WR tag

Thank goodness. If the arbitrator ruled him a WR it would have f**ked the entire system. There were at least 15 TEs last year that played the majority of their snaps in the slot. They all would have wanted WR money.

Thank god. Now VD can settle down and come to training camp. I'm sure the next CBA the NFLPA will be pushing for a hybrid position for the players. By then, there might not exist a tight end position anymore - the way the NFL is so pass happy.
That is amazing. Considering he lined up some 3/4 of the time as a WR....anyway, now we can get on with our own football, and let this kind of thing slide into the past. I was sure they were going to give it to him. Glad they didn't.

And Vernon had the right attitude...he has already said he's ready to return and play.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 2, 2014 at 4:30 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
That is amazing. Considering he lined up some 3/4 of the time as a WR....anyway, now we can get on with our own football, and let this kind of thing slide into the past. I was sure they were going to give it to him. Glad they didn't.

And Vernon had the right attitude...he has already said he's ready to return and play.

Link
VD will be at camp. Just my prediction.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
VD will be at camp. Just my prediction.

Not really a bold prediction when he supposed to be there
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
VD will be at camp. Just my prediction.


the season will start in Sept.......just my prediction....
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The Jimmy Graham decision is out. Burbank has ruled he's a tight end. The Saints have won

The #Saints can now franchise tag Jimmy Graham as a tight end at $7.053M. A savings of $5M vs a WR tag

Thank goodness. If the arbitrator ruled him a WR it would have f**ked the entire system. There were at least 15 TEs last year that played the majority of their snaps in the slot. They all would have wanted WR money.

Good thing ours was not one of those 15 either way.
They were showing the franchise numbers for all the offense position on espn today and the as has been stated the TE number was at 7 mil or so and the hb number was at a little over 9 mil. I think in the next couple of years you are gonna see those numbers flip as the running back get delegated to a more committee type position.
Originally posted by cciowa:
for those who think i am over reacting when i say i will hate the day vernon drops a pass or has a bad day the above posts

Are you posting from a Jamba Juice?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,830
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by cciowa:
for those who think i am over reacting when i say i will hate the day vernon drops a pass or has a bad day the above posts

Are you posting from a Jamba Juice?
no from a really bad flooded iowa river . two years in a row, record floods in iowa, the 100 year flood 2 years in a row. my problem not yours
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by cciowa:
for those who think i am over reacting when i say i will hate the day vernon drops a pass or has a bad day the above posts

Are you posting from a Jamba Juice?
no from a really bad flooded iowa river . two years in a row, record floods in iowa, the 100 year flood 2 years in a row. my problem not yours
its not going to stop flooding, the end times are near

you can add that one to you VD list
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 3, 2014 at 11:24 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
no from a really bad flooded iowa river . two years in a row, record floods in iowa, the 100 year flood 2 years in a row. my problem not yours

Of course the irony is that California could use all that water flooding you, CC. Terrible drought here. Fire season gonna be bad.