There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The Jimmy Graham decision is out. Burbank has ruled he's a tight end. The Saints have won

The #Saints can now franchise tag Jimmy Graham as a tight end at $7.053M. A savings of $5M vs a WR tag
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Boom... Vernon just got cheaper!
I guess Vernon's holdout is now over.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The Jimmy Graham decision is out. Burbank has ruled he's a tight end. The Saints have won

The #Saints can now franchise tag Jimmy Graham as a tight end at $7.053M. A savings of $5M vs a WR tag

So the franchise tag # for TE's is $7.053 . . . and Vernon is going to be making an average of $7.18 over the next two seasons . . . WTF is his problem again?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
So the franchise tag # for TE's is $7.053 . . . and Vernon is going to be making an average of $7.18 over the next two seasons . . . WTF is his problem again?

This is the problem ... the contract was front loaded, so he is not seeing 7 mill this year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by cciowa:
once vernon has a bad game a segment of the base will say
well he should not have held out of camp
well he should not have said the word brand
well he should not have taken a picture with jimmy grahm on june 25th
well he should not have tweeted on june 28th
one thing always leads to everything right?

My impression was that you had little tolerance for players who held out.

If I remember correctly, you said something along the lines that Boone should stop complaining.

Your posts in defense of Vernon Davis seem to be in conflict with your stance on Boone.

In my estimation, Boone deserves a pay raise more than Davis.
boone is not as valuable to me than vernon is. you can find someone to fill his shoes on the oline, vernon is a difference maker on offense,, boone is not. given the choice, you focus on vernon due to his well respected resume of work he has for us.. we disagree on who deserves a pay raise and thats fine. vernon gets a longer leash with me because of what he has done for us for years and what he does that does not show up in quik stats. it is a double standard in a cciowa way. at least you have to like my honesty in admitting my double standard for this situation, even if you disagree! i also strongly take issue with the dozens of posters not named buck,,, who have taken it upon themselves to create and generate holes in vernons game or his status as a team mate as a reason to dump him. you do not do that just because he chose to stay away from three days of camp that no one will remember when the bullets start to fly for real
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
This is the problem ... the contract was front loaded, so he is not seeing 7 mill this year.

He's seeing 7 mil this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Vernon victim of Ponzi scheme

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brokerage-ordered-to-pay-investing-nfl--nba-players--13-7m---key-figures-in-alleged-ponzi-scheme-met-at--wolf-of-wall-street--firm-061322809-nfl.html

Whoa! Now it becomes clear.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Minus Fantex's cut
Originally posted by Giedi:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brokerage-ordered-to-pay-investing-nfl--nba-players--13-7m---key-figures-in-alleged-ponzi-scheme-met-at--wolf-of-wall-street--firm-061322809-nfl.html

Whoa! Now it becomes clear.

wow!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

so is this the stock s**t that vernon is talking about? his "brand"?

lol maybe. Schemers were a couple brown dudes.

NEVER trust a brown person with your finances unless his name is Paraag. #jk #notsrs

Stocks are very risky. Anybody investing in Vernon's brand should do it for non - monetary reasons. First of all we don't even know if it's legal to do this kind of investment, and secondly i think the history of success is almost zero and the actual investors, I think, most - if not all of them - have lost or didn't make any money investing in these weird financial instruments.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

The link below shows the cash flow from Vernon's deal. Per this he's actually seeing $5.275 million . . . minus the $200K bonus he waived, but we paid him a $10 million signing bonus up front in 2011.

http://overthecap.com/player-cash.php?Name=Vernon%20Davis%20&Position=TE&Team=49ers

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/vernon-davis/

Tough $hit Vernon . . . you got paid.
Get back to work you p***y. Holiday is over
him thinking he's an artist shows us how delusional he really is