There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis

  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,370
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by cciowa:
once vernon has a bad game a segment of the base will say
well he should not have held out of camp
well he should not have said the word brand
well he should not have taken a picture with jimmy grahm on june 25th
well he should not have tweeted on june 28th
one thing always leads to everything right?

well he should not have thought he was the second coming picasso
yes lets take vernon outside and beat the s**t out of him for having interests outside of football like most other players have. thank you for bringing that up, that is another thing i will add to the list of things to hear and read when he has a bad game

Also, some might even get as picky as... well he should have went with Tropical Smoothie instead of Jamba Juice
I'm glad that it seems Vernon will be back and ready to go. I'm wondering how he and Mangini will get along - Mangini is now the tight end coach, right? I think I read somewhere that Mangini has had some problems getting along with some players - kinda prickly, maybe. Who knows about personalities for sure - they may both want to support each others egos or just happen to get along, so it could be no problem. Might be one to keep an eye on, though.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,370
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I'm glad that it seems Vernon will be back and ready to go. I'm wondering how he and Mangini will get along - Mangini is now the tight end coach, right? I think I read somewhere that Mangini has had some problems getting along with some players - kinda prickly, maybe. Who knows about personalities for sure - they may both want to support each others egos or just happen to get along, so it could be no problem. Might be one to keep an eye on, though.

They may not see eye to eye on something, but if things escalate, VD will paint a portrait of Mangini to hang in his office as a peace offering.... all is forgiven
Vernon victim of Ponzi scheme

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brokerage-ordered-to-pay-investing-nfl--nba-players--13-7m---key-figures-in-alleged-ponzi-scheme-met-at--wolf-of-wall-street--firm-061322809-nfl.html
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Vernon victim of Ponzi scheme

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brokerage-ordered-to-pay-investing-nfl--nba-players--13-7m---key-figures-in-alleged-ponzi-scheme-met-at--wolf-of-wall-street--firm-061322809-nfl.html

so is this the stock s**t that vernon is talking about? his "brand"?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Vernon victim of Ponzi scheme

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brokerage-ordered-to-pay-investing-nfl--nba-players--13-7m---key-figures-in-alleged-ponzi-scheme-met-at--wolf-of-wall-street--firm-061322809-nfl.html

so is this the stock s**t that vernon is talking about? his "brand"?

lol maybe. Schemers were a couple brown dudes.

NEVER trust a brown person with your finances unless his name is Paraag. #jk #notsrs
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,052
Originally posted by cciowa:
once vernon has a bad game a segment of the base will say
well he should not have held out of camp
well he should not have said the word brand
well he should not have taken a picture with jimmy grahm on june 25th
well he should not have tweeted on june 28th
one thing always leads to everything right?

My impression was that you had little tolerance for players who held out.

If I remember correctly, you said something along the lines that Boone should stop complaining.


Your posts in defense of Vernon Davis seem to be in conflict with your stance on Boone.

In my estimation, Boone deserves a pay raise more than Davis.
I'm sure that $200k was well worth it
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'm sure that $200k was well worth it

Still got to wait until he shows up, still a lot of time. who knows what he will think next week ?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'm sure that $200k was well worth it

I think that he made more $$ that week doing promotional crap, appearances, etc.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Still got to wait until he shows up, still a lot of time. who knows what he will think next week ?

$30k a day. I'm sure and have said all along that VD will be here during training camp. Its bad business all around for him to sit out. Heck. At that fine even Boone will show at some point!
On my best of days, I never got, nor did I deserve $30K for just showing up for work. This is the kind of thing us peons will never experience. Had I been in Vernon's shoes bet your life I would have showed up for $30K/day. Bad advice, poor choice, and in the end, Vernon will end up back in camp. Have I done stupid stuff like this before? yup. Was it of the $30K type? Nope. But point is all of us make bad decisions and once made, you have to live with them. That is Vernon at present, and he will come thru all this and be the same type of all Pro football player we have come to expect from him. End of story...for this yr anyway.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 1, 2014 at 11:06 AM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
On my best of days, I never got, nor did I deserve $30K for just showing up for work. This is the kind of thing us peons will never experience. Had I been in Vernon's shoes bet your life I would have showed up for $30K/day. Bad advice, poor choice, and in the end, Vernon will end up back in camp. Have I done stupid stuff like this before? yup. Was it of the $30K type? Nope. But point is all of us make bad decisions and once made, you have to live with them. That is Vernon at present, and he will come thru all this and be the same type of all Pro football player we have come to expect from him. End of story...for this yr anyway.

the current CBA fines players $30K/day who holdout
After taxes that probably would be about 80,000 and that's if that income isn't taxed as a bonus which usually is taxed even higher.