LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 142 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Still got to wait until he shows up, still a lot of time. who knows what he will think next week ?

$30k a day. I'm sure and have said all along that VD will be here during training camp. Its bad business all around for him to sit out. Heck. At that fine even Boone will show at some point!
On my best of days, I never got, nor did I deserve $30K for just showing up for work. This is the kind of thing us peons will never experience. Had I been in Vernon's shoes bet your life I would have showed up for $30K/day. Bad advice, poor choice, and in the end, Vernon will end up back in camp. Have I done stupid stuff like this before? yup. Was it of the $30K type? Nope. But point is all of us make bad decisions and once made, you have to live with them. That is Vernon at present, and he will come thru all this and be the same type of all Pro football player we have come to expect from him. End of story...for this yr anyway.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 1, 2014 at 11:06 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
On my best of days, I never got, nor did I deserve $30K for just showing up for work. This is the kind of thing us peons will never experience. Had I been in Vernon's shoes bet your life I would have showed up for $30K/day. Bad advice, poor choice, and in the end, Vernon will end up back in camp. Have I done stupid stuff like this before? yup. Was it of the $30K type? Nope. But point is all of us make bad decisions and once made, you have to live with them. That is Vernon at present, and he will come thru all this and be the same type of all Pro football player we have come to expect from him. End of story...for this yr anyway.

the current CBA fines players $30K/day who holdout
After taxes that probably would be about 80,000 and that's if that income isn't taxed as a bonus which usually is taxed even higher.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The Jimmy Graham decision is out. Burbank has ruled he's a tight end. The Saints have won

The #Saints can now franchise tag Jimmy Graham as a tight end at $7.053M. A savings of $5M vs a WR tag
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Boom... Vernon just got cheaper!
I guess Vernon's holdout is now over.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The Jimmy Graham decision is out. Burbank has ruled he's a tight end. The Saints have won

The #Saints can now franchise tag Jimmy Graham as a tight end at $7.053M. A savings of $5M vs a WR tag

So the franchise tag # for TE's is $7.053 . . . and Vernon is going to be making an average of $7.18 over the next two seasons . . . WTF is his problem again?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
So the franchise tag # for TE's is $7.053 . . . and Vernon is going to be making an average of $7.18 over the next two seasons . . . WTF is his problem again?

This is the problem ... the contract was front loaded, so he is not seeing 7 mill this year.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by cciowa:
once vernon has a bad game a segment of the base will say
well he should not have held out of camp
well he should not have said the word brand
well he should not have taken a picture with jimmy grahm on june 25th
well he should not have tweeted on june 28th
one thing always leads to everything right?

My impression was that you had little tolerance for players who held out.

If I remember correctly, you said something along the lines that Boone should stop complaining.

Your posts in defense of Vernon Davis seem to be in conflict with your stance on Boone.

In my estimation, Boone deserves a pay raise more than Davis.
boone is not as valuable to me than vernon is. you can find someone to fill his shoes on the oline, vernon is a difference maker on offense,, boone is not. given the choice, you focus on vernon due to his well respected resume of work he has for us.. we disagree on who deserves a pay raise and thats fine. vernon gets a longer leash with me because of what he has done for us for years and what he does that does not show up in quik stats. it is a double standard in a cciowa way. at least you have to like my honesty in admitting my double standard for this situation, even if you disagree! i also strongly take issue with the dozens of posters not named buck,,, who have taken it upon themselves to create and generate holes in vernons game or his status as a team mate as a reason to dump him. you do not do that just because he chose to stay away from three days of camp that no one will remember when the bullets start to fly for real
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
This is the problem ... the contract was front loaded, so he is not seeing 7 mill this year.

He's seeing 7 mil this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Vernon victim of Ponzi scheme

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brokerage-ordered-to-pay-investing-nfl--nba-players--13-7m---key-figures-in-alleged-ponzi-scheme-met-at--wolf-of-wall-street--firm-061322809-nfl.html

Whoa! Now it becomes clear.
Originally posted by SFrush:
He's seeing 7 mil this year.

Minus Fantex's cut
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Vernon victim of Ponzi scheme

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brokerage-ordered-to-pay-investing-nfl--nba-players--13-7m---key-figures-in-alleged-ponzi-scheme-met-at--wolf-of-wall-street--firm-061322809-nfl.html

Whoa! Now it becomes clear.

wow!
Share 49ersWebzone