There are 236 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
I cannot predict the future.

Here are some numbers for Vernon Davis over the last three years.

he deserves a new contract plain and simple..cant name a TE I'd rather have
Originally posted by ilikecows699:

I agree, but to maintain the integrity of the FO's posture he needs to meet them halfway--that is, he needs to end the holdout, come to camp, and then they start the negotiations.

He already HAS a contract, one which was frontloaded, so now that its on the back end where he's being paid less, he's crying about it. He's still the 3rd highest paid TE in the NFL.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He already HAS a contract, one which was frontloaded, so now that its on the back end where he's being paid less, he's crying about it. He's still the 3rd highest paid TE in the NFL.
i wonder what he did with all that money in the beginning..that he feels he is getting less now

Exactly. Not to mention his old rookie contract which paid him like a superstar, before playing an NFL down.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Exactly. Not to mention his old rookie contract which paid him like a superstar, before playing an NFL down.

Vernon Davis missed a three-day mandatory mini-camp.

Pretty clear that there is a dispute between Davis and team.

We do not very much about the dispute. We do not know the details of the discussions between Davis and the team.

The chances of getting any solid information about this contract dispute are slim and next to none.

We do not know the details or content of the dispute, primarily because we are not part of it.

Training camp begins in about 5 weeks. We do not know if he will be there or not.

My hunch is that we will have wait and see what does or does not happen.

Enjoy the ride.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What is vern asking for? Does anybody know?

It might be in our interest to renegotiate a longer term deal with vern that lowers his immediate cap. Could that be compatible with what he is asking for?

I haven't seen the numbers, but his line about tight ends deserving wide receiver pay is unsettling.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Jun 23, 2014 at 6:29 AM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I haven't seen the numbers, but his line about tight ends deserving wide receiver pay is unsettling.

His line is wrong. There are no TE doing what Jerry Rice did or TO for that matter. TE don't produce like WRs and they are rarely the game changers WRs are either. This is why they're paid differently
  • Chief
  • Veteran
He posted pics of him and Jimmy Graham on Facebook.

Originally posted by Chief:

Maybe if yo candy ass showed up during the NFCCG...
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Saying something about "me and the big man enjoying life"

I unliked his page after seeing that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Maybe if yo candy ass showed up during the NFCCG...

maybe if aldon did not jump off side
maybe if the team could have gotten 7 and not a field goal when we got the opening fumble from wilson
maybe if ck had not missed crabs by a few inches or could have seen a wide open guy on the other side of the field
lotta maybes to go around in that loss as there is in most losses but I guess if you have decided to hate on vernon, then you have your mind made up . the fact he won a playoff game vs the saints for us and had he not have had the smarts to drag his foot on the td vs the panthers we may not have won that game I guess means nothing to you in regards to the overall body of vernons work in the playoffs for us
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

holy s**t,, another reason to cut him, i can add that to my list. people are really getting carried away here in throwing s**t at the wall and hoping it sticks to vernon. he posted some pics on facebook with him and another tight end,, yes , lets just take vernon outside and beat the s**t out of him for that. holy cow
Share 49ersWebzone