LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Vernon will be there week 1 vs. DAL. Book it. Not only that he will dominate that raggedy ass Dallas defense for 6 rec 135 yds and 2 TD's

This!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Vernon will be there week 1 vs. DAL. Book it. Not only that he will dominate that raggedy ass Dallas defense for 6 rec 135 yds and 2 TD's

This!!
of course he will,, but i am afraid now there will be a few fans that will micromanage his every move, body language etc. i have learned around here that once a fan becomes loyal to their hate of a player, no matter how irrational and illogical that hate is,,,, it prevents them from being objective
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
We have FANTEK to thanks for the holdout. Put the pressure on him.

Vernon Davis, like Alex Boone, is an adult.

Davis is responsible for his holdout. Boone is responsible for his holdout.

No Vernon is a 'brand' lol
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
yes...guys love the players more then the team..sad
since there is no proof vernon has divided the locker room or is any sort of a cancer, to lose him would be bad for the team. no offense to the ghost of bill walsh. and by the way these are not the niners of bill walsh, this is not the same era and no matter how many seances you have with bill walsh, you have no idea what he would have done with vernon. maybe he would just let it ride and see how far deep it goes into camp. and you know what i really do not care what bill walsh would have done or what the bill walsh way was. that was then, this is now (monkees era 1988)

If you don't know your past, you won't know your future....because BW became a big influence on our coach that's coaching today

Not saying he's going to get rid of VD, but JH prepares for the future
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/vernon_davis_doesnt_deserve_a_new_contract/16682081?linksrc=story_article_msn_original_head_16682081

I wrote this on Vernon Davis's holdout. I love Vernon, he is so clutch in the playoffs but this contract holdout reeks. All about that dumb Fantex investment deal he has. 49ers should let him play out his deal, and then franchise him in 2016 when he is 33 years old.
Originally posted by tdbayer2:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/vernon_davis_doesnt_deserve_a_new_contract/16682081?linksrc=story_article_msn_original_head_16682081

I wrote this on Vernon Davis's holdout. I love Vernon, he is so clutch in the playoffs but this contract holdout reeks. All about that dumb Fantex investment deal he has. 49ers should let him play out his deal, and then franchise him in 2016 when he is 33 years old.
Great points! I have nothing against VD but the 49ers hold the leverage. This is NFL not NBA or MLB
Vernon Davis has been one of my favorite players for years but I've lost a lot of respect for him as a person.

I'll say this: going forward, a healthy VD will never outperform a healthy Crabtree and hopefully their future contracts reflect that.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
They could've promised that he'd be mic'd up if he participated at mini camp. i'm sure he would've jumped all over that!

The thought of him trying to sound all Socrates n sh!t... and now the paintings
If he holds out until Week 1 & then has any kind of injury issue

Webzone flame-fest.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
If you don't know your past, you won't know your future....because BW became a big influence on our coach that's coaching today

Not saying he's going to get rid of VD, but JH prepares for the future

bill walsh has nothing to do with the current niners and that is just the way it is,, that is just emotional blather. I am sure JH has t plan b for training camp in case vernon decides to prolong this drama but if you think JH will treat vernon like he did braylon edwards and brandon jacobs when they became problem children you have another think coming. Plus, while you think so or are hoping so,,, there is zero evidence vernon is any sort of a distraction or cancer to the entire team at this point in time.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heed49er:
If he holds out until Week 1 & then has any kind of injury issue

Webzone flame-fest.

what he probably will do is just like jerry rice did,,, hold out, come back, jump off sides twice in the first game and thats it. wow i remember john madden yelling at him on tv. A WIDE RECEIVER SHOULD NEVER BE OFF SIDES !.. honestly while we all get starved for niner news, for the next month I hope there is no news or drama about our team. let this vernon thing cool down a bit
  • buck
  • Veteran
If you don't know your past, you won't know your future....

What was Walsh's motto again?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i think he stole that catch phrase from a sign that was posted above the mass suicide event coordinated by rev jim jones back in the day. that is about all i got out of that .

ok not a motto..that still doesn't take away what his thought process was
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

ok not a motto..that still doesn't take away what his thought process was
in my opinion his thought process means nothing to the current regime. these are not walsh's niners, this is not the same nfl. walsh could have learned a thing or two from JH in the way JH handled the ck vs smith thing. the way walsh handled joe vs steve tore the team apart, all 3 used an eager media to push their agenda. i realize after yesterdays debate you think I was living in some sort of a closet during the walsh years but the "walsh way" has nothing to do with todays niners or the vernon davis situation.
Share 49ersWebzone