There are 199 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Don't blame him for taking extended time off this offseason. It's been a long 3 years with the Harbaugh regime and he works his players. In 2011 some of the veterans on the team were surprised by how much Harbaugh worked them in the offseason and later said they realized why when they won late in Philly.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
So what exactly did he gain by skipping voluntaries? Looks like he lost $200 grand for nothing. Even for a professional athlete, that's a good chunk of cash. I don't think Vernon thought this through very well.

He missed voluntary organized team activities. He lost money.

Presumably, he knew he would lose that money. His choice.

On to mandatory mini camp.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
this was a non story before today and guess what,,,, it is still a non story with him attending camp,, just like we knew he would all along
longer vacation so hes nice and fresh i guess. everybody can go hate on someone else now, i hear LMJ opened his big mouth again...
Originally posted by cciowa:
this was a non story before today and guess what,,,, it is still a non story with him attending camp,, just like we knew he would all along

Most of everyone is upset that he missed OTAs with an excuse of bettering his brand.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Most of everyone is upset that he missed OTAs with an excuse of bettering his brand.
for some reason that did not upset me in the least because i know deep down he is a team player and this is not some pattern of behavior with him for the last several years. Of all of the things i could get into a lather about,,, vernon missing a non mandatory thing, for whatever reason he had,, was not one of them. now boone on the other hand can go f**k himself. when you have players not showing up for mandatory stuff because they think they can get their way,, they have another think coming with this regime. vernon has done so many good things for us over the years that the "brand" thing does not tarnish all those good things with me.

for some reason that did not upset me in the least because i know deep down he is a team player and this is not some pattern of behavior with him for the last several years. Of all of the things i could get into a lather about,,, vernon missing a non mandatory thing, for whatever reason he had,, was not one of them. now boone on the other hand can go f**k himself. when you have players not showing up for mandatory stuff because they think they can get their way,, they have another think coming with this regime. vernon has done so many good things for us over the years that the "brand" thing does not tarnish all those good things with me.
Vernon could have have defused this with ..."I wanted some more time to rest relax"..the honest and true approach...would have probably earn more praise for truthfulness

now Boone...he is worth more money, but he doesn;t have to do it this way
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Vernon could have have defused this with ..."I wanted some more time to rest relax"..the honest and true approach...would have probably earn more praise for truthfulness

now Boone...he is worth more money, but he doesn;t have to do it this way

i think there is a right way and a wrong way to ask for a pay raise(i learned that where i work!),, and i think boone is taking the wrong way. I mean,, if we fans know that you do not hold a gun to the head of this regime,, you would think the players know that to.

So true! If he causes a ripple of concern during camp then all can jump on him and call him names...but non manditory workouts? Really? Better things to worry about!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

So true! If he causes a ripple of concern during camp then all can jump on him and call him names...but non manditory workouts? Really? Better things to worry about!

i love vernon and it would have killed me to rip him had he missed the mandatory stuff but i would have. boone is a whole other case to me because he IS missing mandatory stuff( or says he will). some people pooh pooh it and think he has the right not to live up to his contract but that is just an area I will never understand.

i love vernon and it would have killed me to rip him had he missed the mandatory stuff but i would have. boone is a whole other case to me because he IS missing mandatory stuff( or says he will). some people pooh pooh it and think he has the right not to live up to his contract but that is just an area I will never understand.

It is not a wise thing for Boone to do...if he indeed does it! From a negotiating point of view it often backfires and the team will be working Martin/Looney into the mix and may really like them. I hate guys holding out unless there is a very good reason, but it's all a learning experience for these guys. Boone may feel he should be the LT ahead of Staley...would be presumptive but many feel he could play well there. If so, he may want LT money which isn't going to happen in my opinion. When his contract ends all is fair in war and negotiations!
Originally posted by buck:
Davis plans to attend 49ers minicamp

Tight end Vernon Davis, who forfeited $200,000 with his failure to take part in the 49ers' offseason program, apparently is not going to lose another $70,000.

Speaking with Comcast SportsNet Bay Area�€™s Henry Wofford on 95.7 The Game on Thursday, Davis said he intends to take part in the 49ers' mandatory minicamp next week in Santa Clara.

"You know what? I plan on being there," Davis said. "I plan on being there."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/davis-plans-attend-49ers-minicamp

How magnanimous
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by buck:
Davis plans to attend 49ers minicamp

Tight end Vernon Davis, who forfeited $200,000 with his failure to take part in the 49ers' offseason program, apparently is not going to lose another $70,000.

Speaking with Comcast SportsNet Bay Area�€™s Henry Wofford on 95.7 The Game on Thursday, Davis said he intends to take part in the 49ers' mandatory minicamp next week in Santa Clara.

"You know what? I plan on being there," Davis said. "I plan on being there."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/davis-plans-attend-49ers-minicamp

How magnanimous
people pissed cuz he hinted about missing it,,, pissed cuz he is going to come. funny
people pissed cuz he hinted about missing it,,, pissed cuz he is going to come. funny

Doesn't sound a bit crazy to you ... saying he will be where he is supposed to be? He should not have to confirm that, should he? Of course he has to confirm it because he was playing his little games before. Way past tired of this crap.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Doesn't sound a bit crazy to you ... saying he will be where he is supposed to be? He should not have to confirm that, should he? Of course he has to confirm it because he was playing his little games before. Way past tired of this crap.

You must really love Crabtree!
Share 49ersWebzone