• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Crabtree was a rookie trying to get his money, he hasn't caused any disturbance since !

what disturbance has vernon caused on the team since Mike S was our coach please?
the disturbance you are defending

the great disturbance in the force caused by vernon's absence
i thought it was the schwartz . wrong movie.. whats wrong col. sanders.... chicken? BAHAHAHA. sorry lets move along here people and stay on task

fat bearded b***h just kills me everytime I hear it! ok cc,, enuff,, stay on course
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Just saw that he is here in Utah. ON a ropes course in Park City.. sorry but this is making me dislike him more than I thought.

All his FB posts are about him being an Entrepreneur and all this s**t. Hes just a greedy f**k as far as I can tell.

so many said the same thing about crabtree when he was a rookie and now its all about SIGN HIM NOW. I guess there are different sets of rules for vernon and for the other players on the team

no.

Vernon is a top 3 paid player at his position, a team captain and 'leader.' He is just being flat greedy and putting himself over the team.
Just saw that he is here in Utah. ON a ropes course in Park City.. sorry but this is making me dislike him more than I thought.

All his FB posts are about him being an Entrepreneur and all this s**t. Hes just a greedy f**k as far as I can tell.

so many said the same thing about crabtree when he was a rookie and now its all about SIGN HIM NOW. I guess there are different sets of rules for vernon and for the other players on the team

no.

Vernon is a top 3 paid player at his position, a team captain and 'leader.' He is just being flat greedy and putting himself over the team.

Does Vernon really earn top 3 pay? if so, then yes, i believe he is being greedy. I love the idea of Vernon retiring a Niner, do NOT want him or Crabs playing for any other team.... especially in the nfc west....
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Does Vernon really earn top 3 pay? if so, then yes, i believe he is being greedy. I love the idea of Vernon retiring a Niner, do NOT want him or Crabs playing for any other team.... especially in the nfc west....

Vernon's overall contract is top 3 today, but it was front loaded so although he was earning a lot more money at first, but his current salary falls short. Which is a weak excuse on his part if that's the actual reason he's holding out.

I wouldn't care as much about him missing camp if he wasn't posting on facebook every day about how he's at some yoga camp or art festival building his "brand." He has no brand, no one will care about his art after his football career is over.
Don't bother reading the Grant Cohn article (not that you would)... Link not attached

He's dead wrong on just about everything he says in there... First off, he says Vernon is a poor TE and didn't live up to his potential, then the next paragraph says Vernon is more important than Kaep to our offense...

Wow, Cohn minion, you've lowered the bar buddy... It's quite astounding you get paid to defecate out of your mouth...
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Jun 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Don't bother reading the Grant Cohn article (not that you would)... Link not attached

He's dead wrong on just about everything he says in there... First off, he says Vernon is a poor TE and didn't live up to his potential, then the next paragraph says Vernon is more important than Kaep to our offense...

Wow, Cohn minion, you've lowered the bar buddy... It's quite astounding you get paid to defecate out of your mouth...
he has a point if you dont take it out of proportion

Poor TE as the level of a Jimmy Grahm, Tony Gonzales, Rob Gronk, J witten, Dallas Clark, jay Novacek, Brent Jones, Matt bavaro, all very Dangerous from a receiving side of the position.

while not as dangerous as those guys, he can still is a lot better then 75% of the to the other Te ends in the league today...which also helps the QB

He could be the best TE in the league and maybe history if he worked on a few things....i hope that is what he is doing when he means bettering his brand
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Poor TE as the level of a Jimmy Grahm, Tony Gonzales, Rob Gronk, J witten, Dallas Clark, jay Novacek, Brent Jones, Matt bavaro, all very Dangerous from a receiving side of the position.

while not as dangerous as those guys, he can still is a lot better then 75% of the to the other Te ends in the league today...which also helps the QB

He could be the best TE in the league and maybe history if he worked on a few things....i hope that is what he is doing when he means bettering his brand

the big difference between Vernon and "I'm Jimmy" is that VD shows up in big games. Graham disappears in those kind of games.
Originally posted by boast:

the big difference between Vernon and "I'm Jimmy" is that VD shows up in big games. Graham disappears in those kind of games.
seattle he tends to fade away after a few hits, Carolina he tried to play safe and got knocked out. Physical teams is where VD disappears

other than thats he makes some plays here and there. We have great WR's on the field. VD should be tearing it up
  • buck
  • Veteran
mandatory minicamp June 17, 18, and 19

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
mandatory minicamp June 17, 18, and 19

he will be there and then what is next on the check list to worry about?

• buck
  • Veteran
Vernon Davis plans to rejoin 49ers for minicamp

By Chris Wesseling

Now that 49ers are graduating to the mandatory portion of their workouts, Davis intends to join teammates in Santa Clara next week.

"You know what? I plan on being there," Davis told KGMZ in San Francisco, via CSN Bay Area, on Thursday. "I plan on being there."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000358339/article/vernon-davis-plans-to-rejoin-49ers-for-minicamp
  • buck
  • Veteran
Davis plans to attend 49ers minicamp

Tight end Vernon Davis, who forfeited $200,000 with his failure to take part in the 49ers' offseason program, apparently is not going to lose another $70,000.

Speaking with Comcast SportsNet Bay Area�€™s Henry Wofford on 95.7 The Game on Thursday, Davis said he intends to take part in the 49ers' mandatory minicamp next week in Santa Clara.

"You know what? I plan on being there," Davis said. "I plan on being there."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/davis-plans-attend-49ers-minicamp
[ Edited by buck on Jun 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM ]
Good he somewhat pulled his head out
Well its not about the money. He just didnt want to attend the voluntary cuz, they are voluntary..

Go figure
So what exactly did he gain by skipping voluntaries? Looks like he lost $200 grand for nothing. Even for a professional athlete, that's a good chunk of cash. I don't think Vernon thought this through very well.
Share 49ersWebzone