There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Lol at frank

"I will!"
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by smithc28:
VD - "Proud on 3"

Everybody "whoa, whoa"

VD - "oh right sorry, Who's got it better than us"

f**king lol

PRIDE

definitely
When's this on again?
Originally posted by Whomeam:
"Who's coming with me today?"
"I wiiiiilll"



Love Frank.

That was definitely Dixon
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,891
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by smithc28:
VD - "Proud on 3"

Everybody "whoa, whoa"

VD - "oh right sorry, Who's got it better than us"

f**king lol

PRIDE

definitely


Geeesh... That is not what he said
so one reception in 2 games... wtf is going on?
get him the damn ball !!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
so one reception in 2 games... wtf is going on?

Actually 2 for 34 yards
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
so one reception in 2 games... wtf is going on?

Actually 2 for 34 yards
add a tackle to that too
Alex missed him on a big play in the 2nd drive where he checked down to a swing route by the RB. It was the play Gruden showed coach's film expressing how important Randy Moss was.

Moss was wide left and Vernon was strong side TE. Both ran deep routes, Moss a 9/flat post and Vernon a Seven route. The FS went to Moss leaving Vernon with a yard on his defender and no FS over the top. Alex swings the pass to the RB on the right for a nice gain.

That would have been a hug play for Vernon.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
so one reception in 2 games... wtf is going on?

There have been very few passing plays. Because Crabtree has gotten more balls thrown his way, and Smith frequently distributed passes to 7 or more people in a game, it's tougher for VD to get a sizable shares of the receptions, especially when the opposing defenses pays particular attention to him.
once teams start to forget about him and look to double Crabs and Moss.........BOOM it will come
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,193
Originally posted by Joecool:
Alex missed him on a big play in the 2nd drive where he checked down to a swing route by the RB. It was the play Gruden showed coach's film expressing how important Randy Moss was.

Moss was wide left and Vernon was strong side TE. Both ran deep routes, Moss a 9/flat post and Vernon a Seven route. The FS went to Moss leaving Vernon with a yard on his defender and no FS over the top. Alex swings the pass to the RB on the right for a nice gain.

That would have been a hug play for Vernon.

I saw that too! Kinda pissed me off but no harm no foul in the end, its funny as hell because VD was running up the seam/across the middle - which is exactly one issue that I believe it was Eric Branch pointed out is one of Alex's remaining flaws.

NOT SEEING RECEIVERS

Smith had trouble getting the ball to his wide receivers and he also struggled seeing receivers over the middle.For example, Smith had receivers open 12 or more yards down the middle of the field and failed to spot them, including two receivers who were in the end zone. Here they are:1). Second drive of the game. On first down, Smith rolled out and failed to see tight end Vernon Davis 12 yards down the field. Smith eventually threw the ball away.2). Same drive, on third-and-9 from the Seattle 18, Smith had Michael Crabtree open in the end zone and never saw him. He was eventually sacked for a 2-yard loss and David Akers kicked a 38-yard field goal on fourth down.3) On the 49ers first drive of the fourth quarter, Smith faced a third down from the Seattle 7. He had Randy Moss open in the end zone but never saw him as he rolled to his left. When running back Frank Gore, who was covered in the flat, pointed to Moss, Smith threw the ball too late and too short and cornerback Brandon Browner intercepted it easily.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/10/28/is-there-something-wrong-with-alex-smith-a-one-game-analysis/

If only Alex would improve in this aspect! Sometimes he throws WRs open, other times he is completely blind to their routes and were he could throw it for them.
Originally posted by sfout:
I saw that too! Kinda pissed me off but no harm no foul in the end, its funny as hell because VD was running up the seam/across the middle - which is exactly one issue that I believe it was Eric Branch pointed out is one of Alex's remaining flaws.

NOT SEEING RECEIVERS

Smith had trouble getting the ball to his wide receivers and he also struggled seeing receivers over the middle.For example, Smith had receivers open 12 or more yards down the middle of the field and failed to spot them, including two receivers who were in the end zone. Here they are:1). Second drive of the game. On first down, Smith rolled out and failed to see tight end Vernon Davis 12 yards down the field. Smith eventually threw the ball away.2). Same drive, on third-and-9 from the Seattle 18, Smith had Michael Crabtree open in the end zone and never saw him. He was eventually sacked for a 2-yard loss and David Akers kicked a 38-yard field goal on fourth down.3) On the 49ers first drive of the fourth quarter, Smith faced a third down from the Seattle 7. He had Randy Moss open in the end zone but never saw him as he rolled to his left. When running back Frank Gore, who was covered in the flat, pointed to Moss, Smith threw the ball too late and too short and cornerback Brandon Browner intercepted it easily.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/10/28/is-there-something-wrong-with-alex-smith-a-one-game-analysis/

If only Alex would improve in this aspect! Sometimes he throws WRs open, other times he is completely blind to their routes and were he could throw it for them.

That's every QB in the NFL. It's like Steve Young said a long time ago, it only get's noticed more with Alex Smith because he's only given so many opportunities to throw. Look how much lower is Attempts are compared to Rogers, Manning, Brady or Brees. If the guy throw 15 more passes a game it wouldn't stand out as much. In fact, look at his yards per attempt and completion percentage. It's top notch.
Originally posted by jreff22:
once teams start to forget about him and look to double Crabs and Moss.........BOOM it will come