LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

Congratulations kid (Crabtree TD)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Crab's played it pretty cool at the endzone acting like he had been there before. Pretty cool celebration no over the top dance just a simple clap on himself and walk off to the sideline. He didn't even take the football pretty nice and simple celebration on his first TD.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
i was hoping he'd pull a sharpie out of his socks...!!!

Me too, but I was also hoping he'd write the word "spread" on a piece of paper, make a paper airplane out of it, and then fire it at Singletary's direction. That would've been the best celebration ever.

LOL.

Congrats Crabtree.

Hopefully the first of many as a 49er.

-9fA
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Any one watching the game? I'm listening to the game on NFL field pass and the commentators said Crabtree pushed off. Any truth that?

Not sure if anyone answered you yet, but he slightly pushed out of an attempted
armbar by the DB... Nothing worth getting a flag for though, but if he hadn't caught
the ball, I wonder if they would've thrown the flag for pass interference???? Hmmm

I only say that, because it seems that it's ok to get more than average physical with
our receivers lately....

A9R4Life
Originally posted by A9R4Life:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Any one watching the game? I'm listening to the game on NFL field pass and the commentators said Crabtree pushed off. Any truth that?

Not sure if anyone answered you yet, but he slightly pushed out of an attempted
armbar by the DB... Nothing worth getting a flag for though, but if he hadn't caught
the ball, I wonder if they would've thrown the flag for pass interference???? Hmmm

I only say that, because it seems that it's ok to get more than average physical with
our receivers lately....

A9R4Life

Thanks for the info. I agree with you on the aggressiveness against the Niner receivers. Winning brings respect from the Ref's until then, we lose most of the calls (or non calls).
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Man, the route running, the way he got separation against a quality corner, and the hands... he really is the real deal.

OK, I love the guy too but...what route running? What separation? All he did was run straight and then go up and get the ball.

Later that day though, he did run a pretty good route. He actually got behind the defender.

Is that all he did, really??? I don't know what you saw... and I can't watch the game for you, bro.

The route running (you know, running the route... he ran right past the DB)

The separation (slight push-off as he was looking the ball in)

The hands (Touchdown!)

He's done all of the things listed above (besides catching a touchdown) since his first game. This play, he finally put it all together.

he's already learning the art of the push off.. good job buddy
Crabtree could have been Rookie of the Year if not for his dumb ass contract s**t.

Looks like it will be Percy Harvin.

Crabs still has a chance if we throw him 6 passes per game, minimum. Only way we do that is if we change our offensive philosophy which I don't think we will. Singletary is too stubborn.
[ Edited by Method on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:47 AM ]
  • B650
  • Veteran
Man, the route running, the way he got separation against a quality corner, and the hands... he really is the real deal.

OK, I love the guy too but...what route running? What separation? All he did was run straight and then go up and get the ball.

Later that day though, he did run a pretty good route. He actually got behind the defender.

Is that all he did, really??? I don't know what you saw... and I can't watch the game for you, bro.

The route running (you know, running the route... he ran right past the DB)

The separation (slight push-off as he was looking the ball in)

The hands (Touchdown!)

He's done all of the things listed above (besides catching a touchdown) since his first game. This play, he finally put it all together.

He ran a straight line, pushed off, and caught the ball. That's what I saw. I was more impressed by his last reception of the game. I'm with you though. This kid is going to be a great one.
I just noticed that was on 3rd and 20
Share 49ersWebzone