LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Does Singletary owe the 49ers' Faithful an appology?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Singletary owe the 49ers' Faithful an appology?

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sachie23:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
NO. He is still a rookie coach. His expectations are high. Higher than the talent we have on this team. IMO as a whole the team is better than last year despite the record. The defense continues to improve. Without a pass rusher and an effective offensive line its hard to expect much more.........

I have to disagree. The defense is average at best. The offense has no identity. In my opinion, that rah rah bulls**t only goes so far. Singletary has coached 19 games now, he's not a rookie coach anymore. The Niners have a lot of good pieces in place but they need to go in the direction of Holmgren running things and/or Shanahan to be the head coach. Enough of hearing about "promise". This team needs to make itself relevant again.

Jed York, are you listening? It's time to stop wasting time.

This coming offseason presents a unique opportunity with both Holmgren and Shanahan available.
Hell yes he does! If it wasn't for his stubborn ass we could only have 1 loss on our record right now.
I want an apology
Originally posted by jed_york:
NO. He is still a rookie coach. His expectations are high. Higher than the talent we have on this team. IMO as a whole the team is better than last year despite the record. The defense continues to improve. Without a pass rusher and an effective offensive line its hard to expect much more.........

Every new coach deserves 3-5 years to put his system in place. Coach Singletary deserves at least that if not more. The ownership and senior management has promised 5 years to coach Singletary and honor that promise.

Well we've seen the decisions ownership and senior management have made over the past 7 years. I completely understand Jed had to hire Singletary after last season but he is showing himself to be lacking in game planning and x's and o's.

The ownership and senior management did not have to hire coach Singletary. Coach Singletary was hired based on his experience and recommendations by coach Nolan and some members of the senior management team.

So far he has been doing heck of a job. Fans must be patient, it takes years for head coaches to put their imprint on a team.

Recommendation by Nolan? That's laughable. What imprint are we looking for Singletary to put on the team...Refusing to adjust to his players strengths? That sounds a lot like Nolan. Come to think of it, the Niners look an awful lot like a coach Nolan team right now.

So is Josh McDaniels and he is doing a bit better than us and not making bonehead moves that just serve to irritate the hell out of his fans.

If you don't show confidence in a team you just signed a contract with, then are you just waiting for talent to magically fall into your hands or are you willing to sweat it out with a bunch of guys and squeeze the potential out of each and every one of them?

I completely agree with the last statement though (not so sure about the defense improving...don't forget we have to use our reserves for the talent that is injured (at least we got two of their boys, but who knows how long Franklin and Robinson are going to be out (I don't think I saw them come back if they did, especially Robinson))).
Originally posted by teeohh:
I want an apology

Every new coach deserves 3-5 years to put his system in place. Coach Singletary deserves at least that if not more. The ownership and senior management has promised 5 years to coach Singletary and honor that promise.

Well we've seen the decisions ownership and senior management have made over the past 7 years. I completely understand Jed had to hire Singletary after last season but he is showing himself to be lacking in game planning and x's and o's.

The ownership and senior management did not have to hire coach Singletary. Coach Singletary was hired based on his experience and recommendations by coach Nolan and some members of the senior management team.

So far he has been doing heck of a job. Fans must be patient, it takes years for head coaches to put their imprint on a team.

Recommendation by Nolan? That's laughable. What imprint are we looking for Singletary to put on the team...Refusing to adjust to his players strengths? That sounds a lot like Nolan. Come to think of it, the Niners look an awful lot like a coach Nolan team right now.

He was the assistant head coach in charge of motivation for Nolan. Did we really expect anything different? Props to those few that knew this was going to happen from the very beginning.
I just wanna know what the hell they did the entire offseason? We were suppose to be a smashmouth football team but can't run for s**t.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Singletary has insisted this whole season up to two weeks ago that this is a playoff team and that we will make the playoffs. For someone who coined the term "Don't Tell me, Show Me" he has been telling us one thing and his team has not been preforming.

He is also famous for the term "I want winners" yet he hired and offensive coordinator that has limited playoff experience and when he sat his 10-6 QB for Smith with a stronger arm, his whole offensive philosophy had to change, which appeared to be too much for Raye to change his whole offense after an off season of installing power running game.

I would love for Singletary to apologize. I understand his motivational abilities are appealing, and I don't want him or Raye canned right now. I just want them to admit what we have and not add unreasonable expectations to our team and season.

IMO, the entire 49er coaching staff owe's us an apology. How can any NFL team enter a game without a definite game plan? The 49ers offense has the potential to be very explosive but they don't show that explosiveness unless they are playing from behind, way behind when it's too late. I love the 49ers but I have lost my faith in Coach Sing and it's plain to see he is not ready to be a head coach in this league.
I'd settle for some plain honesty...and by that I mean he can't simply blame his "young team" for not playing better. The buck should start and stop with HIM. He's got a season of games under his belt now...time to step up, Coach. No more excuses...let's see some results.

Share 49ersWebzone