LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Does Singletary owe the 49ers' Faithful an appology?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Singletary owe the 49ers' Faithful an appology?

No, his expectations were initially set when he had plans on bringing in Vick. Management didn't have the courage to make the move that he planed for and we all see the results. No guts, no courage, no play-offs.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sachie23:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
NO. He is still a rookie coach. His expectations are high. Higher than the talent we have on this team. IMO as a whole the team is better than last year despite the record. The defense continues to improve. Without a pass rusher and an effective offensive line its hard to expect much more.........

I have to disagree. The defense is average at best. The offense has no identity. In my opinion, that rah rah bulls**t only goes so far. Singletary has coached 19 games now, he's not a rookie coach anymore. The Niners have a lot of good pieces in place but they need to go in the direction of Holmgren running things and/or Shanahan to be the head coach. Enough of hearing about "promise". This team needs to make itself relevant again.
Thank you biznatches
Al Harris got CRABBED
Originally posted by Envy:
NO. He is still a rookie coach. His expectations are high. Higher than the talent we have on this team. IMO as a whole the team is better than last year despite the record. The defense continues to improve. Without a pass rusher and an effective offensive line its hard to expect much more.........

I have to disagree. The defense is average at best. The offense has no identity. In my opinion, that rah rah bulls**t only goes so far. Singletary has coached 19 games now, he's not a rookie coach anymore. The Niners have a lot of good pieces in place but they need to go in the direction of Holmgren running things and/or Shanahan to be the head coach. Enough of hearing about "promise". This team needs to make itself relevant again.

We have lost every game this year that the opponent scored more than 17 points. The defense isn't good, and the offense makes things worst.

19 games......... Is that all he gets? Lets fire him now!!!! No need to wait to next year........
I was really hoping Sing would be the man. This was terrible coaching, terrible game plan we need Shannahan.

19 games......... Is that all he gets? Lets fire him now!!!! No need to wait to next year........

What is your argument to keep him around over a Shanahan?
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I think Scot McCloughin owes us an apology. Lost offseason EVERYONE knew that our biggest needs were in pass protection and pass rush. And those are the two things we totally ignored. And again this year, those are the two biggest reasons we are playing terribly. As a GM, I just don't think you can get away with that.

Seriously. It's all pass protection and pass rush. When we get even just one of those things we can compete with almost any team. When we don't get either one we get steam rolled.

Look at this second half. We still aren't getting much pressure on Rodgers but we are protecting Smith better and we're back in the game.

Not making real moves to improve our OL or our pass rush has cost us this season. It's not Alex, Singletary, or even Raye. It's McCloughin's deluded idea that we had good enough players on the OL and OLB/DL.
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Originally posted by 190836:
Let me say this,fu** Sinletary.

Amen! AND RAYE!!!!

hell are you people on?

What is your argument to keep him around over a Shanahan?

Fire him now... Why the hell did he challenge and waste the last time out!
should start off

"I apologize for hiring Jimmy Raye."
No, just a letter of resignation!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
should start off

"I apologize for hiring Jimmy Raye."

and end with. Im stepping down as head coach!
The fact is that this team is good. Once our coaches put us in a position to succeed, this team is good.
Share 49ersWebzone