There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Singletary owe the 49ers' Faithful an appology?

Does Singletary owe the 49ers' Faithful an appology?

Singletary has insisted this whole season up to two weeks ago that this is a playoff team and that we will make the playoffs. For someone who coined the term "Don't Tell me, Show Me" he has been telling us one thing and his team has not been preforming.

He is also famous for the term "I want winners" yet he hired and offensive coordinator that has limited playoff experience and when he sat his 10-6 QB for Smith with a stronger arm, his whole offensive philosophy had to change, which appeared to be too much for Raye to change his whole offense after an off season of installing power running game.

I would love for Singletary to apologize. I understand his motivational abilities are appealing, and I don't want him or Raye canned right now. I just want them to admit what we have and not add unreasonable expectations to our team and season.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
I think Scot McCloughin owes us an apology. Lost offseason EVERYONE knew that our biggest needs were in pass protection and pass rush. And those are the two things we totally ignored. And again this year, those are the two biggest reasons we are playing terribly. As a GM, I just don't think you can get away with that.
Yeah he does but what about "our formula is this! we hits the other team in the mouth!" because his whole team is a bunch of little pussies.
he has too much pride to admit his methods are wrong, something i HATE about him the most is his pride.
i'm pissed that it took 20 points down before singletary stops jacking off
The whole s**tty organization owes the fans an apology... FREE BEERS FOR ALL AT THE MNF GAME!!
Yes for hiring Raye!
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I think Scot McCloughin owes us an apology. Lost offseason EVERYONE knew that our biggest needs were in pass protection and pass rush. And those are the two things we totally ignored. And again this year, those are the two biggest reasons we are playing terribly. As a GM, I just don't think you can get away with that.
Let me say this,fu** Sinletary.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Yes. He owes us an apology. That first half was disgraceful.
NO. He is still a rookie coach. His expectations are high. Higher than the talent we have on this team. IMO as a whole the team is better than last year despite the record. The defense continues to improve. Without a pass rusher and an effective offensive line its hard to expect much more.........
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Yes he does. He may be trying to over achieve but he has to flexible.
Originally posted by 190836:
Let me say this,fu** Sinletary.

Amen! AND RAYE!!!!
Originally posted by kemp_j:
NO. He is still a rookie coach. His expectations are high. Higher than the talent we have on this team. IMO as a whole the team is better than last year despite the record. The defense continues to improve. Without a pass rusher and an effective offensive line its hard to expect much more.........

I have to disagree. The defense is average at best. The offense has no identity. In my opinion, that rah rah bulls**t only goes so far. Singletary has coached 19 games now, he's not a rookie coach anymore. The Niners have a lot of good pieces in place but they need to go in the direction of Holmgren running things and/or Shanahan to be the head coach. Enough of hearing about "promise". This team needs to make itself relevant again.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home