There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Poor officiating in 97 Title game

I seem to remember the home page on the zone having a link to a blog detailing all the blown calls in the 97 title game vs Packers that cost the niners a trip to the Superbowl. Anyone know what happened to it?
i dunno where but i can tell u one thing that was a blown call....

jj stokes' TD reception in which he was forced out with 1 foot in....i recall steve young plea-ing the case to the ref that jj was forced out...
The NFL was just f**king in love with Brett Favre and the Packers after Dallas began its downward spiral during the mid-90's. -We were screwed out of that game harder than the 1992 NFC CC game.

But I'm definitely sure we would have derailed Elway's 'fairytale' moment, but the reason we couldn't get past the Packers in the 90's was because of 2 things:

1. Mike Holmgren.
2. Green Bay's Tampa 2/Zone defense (The WCO-killer).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The NFL was just f**king in love with Brett Favre and the Packers after Dallas began its downward spiral during the mid-90's. -We were screwed out of that game harder than the 1992 NFC CC game.

But I'm definitely sure we would have derailed Elway's 'fairytale' moment, but the reason we couldn't get past the Packers in the 90's was because of 2 things:

1. Mike Holmgren.

ok u make no sense
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:

1. Mike Holmgren.

ok u make no sense

Yeah. Maybe it was just a blown call? The following year, Rice fumbled the ball against those same Packers, but it wasn't ruled a fumble. We ended up winning the game. Things even up. It's not always a conspiracy.

1. Mike Holmgren.

3. During that entire 3 year run of regular season and playoff losses against the packers, we had no running game.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home