There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Goldshon & Macdonald

i know in practice people say he gets picks like crazy and is a playmaker. So far this season he makes a lot of tackles and seems to be a decent playmaker, not a great one yet. He does have a lot of speed. Did you guys see last week when Brown picked off that pass he was flying to the endzone with him and ACTUALLY STOPPED to go backwards to block #80 wr from the bears who was going to knock it out from behind?

That was such a great play along with his int that got tipped by our lineman.

Also did you guys see when Franklin got the goalline int HOW FAST #90 was. He is huge but did you see how fast he was....he was flying down the field meanwhile franklin was stumbling for 8 yards. We do have a lot of team speed to the ball on D. Our lb's and secondary is pretty quick. We are in good shape boys, just need more pressure or sacks and Smith and MacDonald are best at that. We need to play Macdonald a lot more.
  • pwilly
  • Info N/A
Totally agree with that Macdonald not Haralson is our best pure pash rusher. Honestly if you were to put the best rushers by skill out there on third down it might be brooks and macdonald not Lawson and Haralson.
[ Edited by pwilly on Nov 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM ]
With the younger guys now taking over for Nate and Walt along with the demontion of Roman (I Hate that Guy), we are more speedy in the secondary. Our LBs obviously are amongst the fastest in the league. The D line is also quick with Ray Mac and Franklin is quick for his size.

We need Goldson to develop more. He is often out of place on D and gets beaten by some shoddy moves. He looks like he will get better though. If only Nolund played him during garbage season time to get him some work.
id really rather have regggie smith at FS
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Why? What has Reggie Smith proven?
reggie would be good but i would rather have both goldshon and smith out there at the same time, but i don't know who would play SS. Also Lewis is a good tackler but not in coverage and is a little slow. We have good depth either way

LOL..
Goldson is not going to be replaced.
Reggie is actually second on the depth chart for SS behing M.Lewis.
I wouldn't mind him taking over next season. he is a good hitter like Lewis but would be an improvement in coverage over him. Reggie just needs to stay healthy.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Reggie is actually second on the depth chart for SS behing M.Lewis.
I wouldn't mind him taking over next season. he is a good hitter like Lewis but would be an improvement in coverage over him. Reggie just needs to stay healthy.

this
Did you purposely misspell both guys name?
Goldson is a player, he is getting better and he may be best of at SS but he is playing well at FS. He only has 2 int's but man he has been a tackling machine and often times comes out of nowhere to make tackles and has also come across the field to make a tackle that saved a potential big run/play. I like him, big kid, hits hard, tackles well, runs like a deer, could play the ball a little better but he will improve and I think at SS he can be a Tony Parrish type player for us.

Ray Mac is solid, I don't know about him being our best pure pass rusher. He has a really quick first and 2nd step and is great at finishing when Justin Smith gets pressure on the otherside and Ray Mac finishes of the QB. I really like our D-line, our 3 starters are terrific and Ray Mac coming of the bench is like another starter.
Originally posted by sacniner:

Reggie Smith > Mark Roman
Originally posted by jta854:

Reggie Smith > Mark Roman

Lets see if Reggie Smith can stay healthy for a month

hes shown more in preseason i know its just preseason but still he makes good plays
My take would be to either move goldson to ss and put clements as our fs or keep goldson as our fs and put clements as our ss. They both have good ball skills and are both hard hitters. clements might actually be better at strong safety do to the fact that he already helps shut down the running game anyway and is almost a sure tackler.