LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Keep Raye next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Keep Raye next year?

Keep him, the offense needs some damn consistancy for the first time in 5 years
  • B650
  • Veteran
Keep Raye next year? We should be discussing if he should continue to keep his job this year.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Keep him, I don't think Sing will be able to do much better (remember 3 guys turned the OC job before Raye took it) and for consistancy stake.

We have to improve this O-Line, that is the bottom line.

yap
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Keep him unless Turner is available.

+1
Raye has shown an ability to adapt.

I thought the play-calling in the Titans game was downright GOOD.

Against the Bears, we went back to the grind a little bit, but I think that might have been Singletary's idea.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Jimmy Raye was hired for one main reason: continuity. They wanted a guy who would be here for multiple years. There is no way in the world they dump him after a single season. In the minds of McCloughan, Singletary, et al., the reason for this team’s offensive struggles begin and end with the lack of continuity at the OC position.

Raye knows football. The offense’s struggles are not all on him. He’s got a pretty good track record when he has quality players and time to build them into an effective unit. Look for the team to get a quality Guard in FA, draft a RT in the first round, and maybe replace the O-line coach. If you fix the O-line, everything else will look better. Meanwhile you continue the search for a franchise QB and at the end of 2010, if he’s ready, you promote Johnson to OC and keep the same system.
Originally posted by Lifer:
Jimmy Raye was hired for one main reason: continuity. They wanted a guy who would be here for multiple years. There is no way in the world they dump him after a single season. In the minds of McCloughan, Singletary, et al., the reason for this team’s offensive struggles begin and end with the lack of continuity at the OC position.

Raye knows football. The offense’s struggles are not all on him. He’s got a pretty good track record when he has quality players and time to build them into an effective unit. Look for the team to get a quality Guard in FA, draft a RT in the first round, and maybe replace the O-line coach. If you fix the O-line, everything else will look better. Meanwhile you continue the search for a franchise QB and at the end of 2010, if he’s ready, you promote Johnson to OC and keep the same system.

Yup what he said
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by E-49er:

Yup what he said

This just in: continuity is important when you have a winning atmosphere. You guys want continuity with a struggling offense and a 4-5 record? The point is you want good things to continue, not bad ones. If that means starting all over again, then so be it.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by E-49er:

Yup what he said

This just in: continuity is important when you have a winning atmosphere. You guys want continuity with a struggling offense and a 4-5 record? The point is you want good things to continue, not bad ones. If that means starting all over again, then so be it.

We can't afford to keep turning over the OC position or we will perpetually be in suck mode. The only way I would even consider it is if Turner wanted to come on back, I do not think he will get another HC offer for a long time if he couldn't even get to the big game with the loaded Chargers.
Keep raye, give mike johnson the play calling duties.

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Keep him, I don't think Sing will be able to do much better (remember 3 guys turned the OC job before Raye took it) and for consistancy stake.

We have to improve this O-Line, that is the bottom line.

^^^^
THIS
I am all about continuiuty...but if we keep him are ww doomed? The 49ers playcalling especially coming out of the half has been questionable sometimes but what to do?
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I am all about continuiuty...but if we keep him are ww doomed? The 49ers playcalling especially coming out of the half has been questionable sometimes but what to do?

Find someone worth building continuity with.
Wow 70% of you wants to keep him right now ?! ...
How people can quickly forgot amazes me
Remember Jim Hostler ?
Did any of you thought it was about the O line the QB the WR coach ?
Well people it was NOT
a year after here comes coach martz and an immediate upgrade without any major changes on the O and the coaching staff !
And now without any significant changes but an upgrade at WR and maybe QB (as some of you are convinced) we're worse
Yeah right keep jimmy Raye and get another long season on offense plus a non playoffs year ...
Alex probably isn't going to be our franchise QB, so what's the harm in hiring somebody with a more dynamic approach?

The Alex era will never happen and in my opinion, the 49ers should draft a QB in the 1st round of next years draft. It just makes sense that we move on and turn our attention to a new prodigy QB who can grow with our young and developing O-line, our proven running game, and our young and talented receiving core.

Crabtree has to be one of our focal points on offence next season and we need a more wide open attack to make him prominent. If a wide open offence makes Crabtree shine, Singletary will loosen on his stead-fast run-first approach.

Big time teams have big time QB's. Alex can be our backup, but we need to move on if we plan on being contenders. Hire a new o-coordinator who wants to commit to the job and who can implement a solid west coast approach.
[ Edited by doc_brown_ on Nov 22, 2009 at 2:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone