There are 178 users in the forums

Former Bear Singletary Returns to Lambeau

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Packers...
Man Rodgers said he was a Favre fan and kind of wanted the Packers to beat us in 98

I don't know any 9er fan that could say that. Well except for ZRF if Smith is starting(which he is lol).
One more reason to knock him out.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Can we quit it with the marketing of our head coach?

I know he's a Hall of Famer, but let's focus on the players instead of making every game about "Coach Sing vs the Bears" or "Coach Sing returns to Lambeau".
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

I know he's a Hall of Famer, but let's focus on the players instead of making every game about "Coach Sing vs the Bears" or "Coach Sing returns to Lambeau".

Outside of Frank Gore and VD, and until Crabtree develops, we don't really have marketable players.

And while Willis is one of the best defensive players in the league, he doesn't trash talk like Ray Lewis.

This
  • B650
  • Veteran
Can't we say this every week? I mean, Singletary played in the NFL. So after next week's game, it's "Singletary returns to Candlestick." Then it's going to be "Singletary returns to Seattle."

It's getting old. Let's focus on the team, not the coach.

Actually, I'm of a different opinion. As a result of being a Bear, he has a natural rivalry against the Packers. If there is any team in the NFL that he despises, it is the Packers and if he is able to transfer that attitude to his coaches and players, it can only be a positive thing for the organization.
I'd like to see some of Singletary's luck passed on to the 9ers tomorrow. The 9ers haven't won at Lambeau since 1990 with Joe Montana running the show. You can't say the 9ers aren't due.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ttime1:

Actually, I'm of a different opinion. As a result of being a Bear, he has a natural rivalry against the Packers. If there is any team in the NFL that he despises, it is the Packers and if he is able to transfer that attitude to his coaches and players, it can only be a positive thing for the organization.

The 49ers as a team have a natural rivalry with the Packers after they've beaten us 11 of the past 12 times we played them.

Originally posted by fzrdave:
I'd like to see some of Singletary's luck passed on to the 9ers tomorrow. The 9ers haven't won at Lambeau since 1990 with Joe Montana running the show. You can't say the 9ers aren't due.

Same here, we might not win though even though we're due for one. But if Sing can get the team super motivated to smash the packers, more power to them.
Yea, MS played in the NFL Norse Division, it's natural to bring it up as a sidebar. This could be the "coming of age" game for the Niners. We really do have the talent to be competitive with any team in the League, we just need to start playing like it. This game will have my heart in it's hands, guys. I'll probably just record it and go to the mall untill it's over.
Share 49ersWebzone