There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should We Expect Packers DC Dom Capers to Target Vernon Davis?

Originally posted by backontop:
Let them focus VD. That will mean they are not focusing on Crabtree, Morgan and Hill.

Morgan and Hill suck though, so it wouldn't really help..
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
They'll bring pressure along Rachal and Snyder's side and force Alex Smith to make bad decisions.
Originally posted by King49er:
Let them focus VD. That will mean they are not focusing on Crabtree, Morgan and Hill.

Morgan has been a real dissapointment this year, he's definitely sucked. The only problem with Hill is that he hasn't gotten on the field. But the 1 game he got to play he had 2 TDs. I think he should be starting over Morgan.
We can actually win this game if we just execute and produce within the given style we actually started using in the first place. Old Chicago Bears-styled football is what you should actually use in a defensively aggressive/mid-november (Lambeau) environment.

Morgan sucks though, so only Crabs and Hill can really help..

Fix'd.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 21, 2009 at 1:25 PM ]
The Packers have switched from a 4-3 to a 3-4 this season and they still have a long ways to go. I wouldn't worry too much about them targeting VD.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Morgan has been a real dissapointment this year, he's definitely sucked. The only problem with Hill is that he hasn't gotten on the field. But the 1 game he got to play he had 2 TDs. I think he should be starting over Morgan.

they were 2 TD's in garbage time.

When Rashaun Woods went off for like 160-70 yards and a TD a few years ago against New England in the season finale it was the same thing.

He's got good hands, but other than that what has he showed us?

He can't even crack the starting line-up against an over the hill WR, and a 6th rounder who is WAAAAAAAAAAY overrated and really hasn't done jack s**t for this team, and Hill was a 3rd rounder.

We need a REAL WR to start across from Crabtree next year, and not these 2 scrubs.

I was never a J. Hill guy but I do believe he is better than Morgan. Morgan gets all upset during the game and pouts

I forgot that scoring a touchdown in the 2 minute drill to put us up at halftime is now called garbage time

Although you could say that about the second, but if we had gotten the onside kick, we could have tied it. Could being the optimal word there
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

I forgot that scoring a touchdown in the 2 minute drill to put us up at halftime is now called garbage time

Although you could say that about the second, but if we had gotten the onside kick, we could have tied it. Could being the optimal word there

Any touchdown that Smith throws is automatically in "garbage time" or discredited somehow.

Any touchdown that Smith throws is automatically in "garbage time" or discredited somehow.

I've thought about my statement, and you guys are right.

The first TD was not in garbage time, and the second was was borderline garbage time, so you guys are right about that part.

As for the Alex Smith TD's, maybe the last TD in the Titans game, but the 3 he threw in Houston I would not call those garbage time TD's, we were still very much in that game when the second half started, and we made the proper adjustments (for once) and outplayed them in the 2nd half, and I honestly think that if we had maybe even 30 more seconds, we would have gone down and scored again.

The first TD was not in garbage time, and the second was was borderline garbage time, so you guys are right about that part.

As for the Alex Smith TD's, maybe the last TD in the Titans game, but the 3 he threw in Houston I would not call those garbage time TD's, we were still very much in that game when the second half started, and we made the proper adjustments (for once) and outplayed them in the 2nd half, and I honestly think that if we had maybe even 30 more seconds, we would have gone down and scored again.

wow someone on the zone that can admit they made a mistake

• Ny2ThaBay09
  • Info N/A
this is Crabtree's game!!

It's a miracle

It's a miracle

I apologize for the eyeroll
The question is will Alex have enough time to get Vernon Davis and our WR's the ball. If he has time, I like Vernon Davis all day against the Packers LB's and safeties. Crabs and Morgan vs Woodson and Al Harris will be a tougher matchup for us but liek I said if Alex doesen't have good or at least decent protection, it won't matter.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home