There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Defense ranked #2 in the NFL

• KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
According to Football Outsiders the 49ers defense is #2 in the league. For those readers who aren't aware of Football Outsiders (FO) they take standard NFL statistics and add context to them. These are the stats that professional betters use.

This is the highest ranked defense the 49ers have had in years. I guess this realization is bitter sweet as even if with a top defense the 49ers still manage to lose more games than they win.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
[ Edited by KasparHauser on Nov 20, 2009 at 3:19 PM ]
Sounds a lot like the other San Francisco team
Looks like we are facing the number one defense this week.....With our weak offense look for a close game guys. Another nail biter in Lambeu. i love the NFL.
This defense is a safety and an legit OLB away from perennially being ranked #1 imo.

Our run d is stout. If we could get to the QB a little more our pass d would be just as stout. Our O needs to do it's part, then teams better look the f**k out.
Yea! and we are #24 on Offense!!!
I'm guessing our stats are inflated due to the courtesy of Jay Cutler.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Nov 20, 2009 at 3:42 PM ]
They are ranked #1 in my heart.
that has to be the run defense only because our pass defense is amongst the worse in the NFL
could be after all those cutler picks.
If anyone here actually thinks professional bettors are walking around thinking of the SF 49ers as a #2 Defenses type of team.......you must be on 40 yr old crack that has gone bad.
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by backontop:
that has to be the run defense only because our pass defense is amongst the worse in the NFL

The pass defense is #8. Before the Bears game the defense was ranked #7.

Follow the link and take a few minutes to read what their stats are all about. They put far more into their stats than the folks who go to espn.com and look at those stats.
Originally posted by danimal:
If anyone here actually thinks professional bettors are walking around thinking of the SF 49ers as a #2 Defenses type of team.......you must be on 40 yr old crack that has gone bad.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

did crack even exist 40 years ago?
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
Originally posted by backontop:

The pass defense is #8. Before the Bears game the defense was ranked #7.

Follow the link and take a few minutes to read what their stats are all about. They put far more into their stats than the folks who go to espn.com and look at those stats.

ok ok you got me.
Originally posted by luv49rs:

did crack even exist 40 years ago?

well it blew up in the 80's, so I am going to guess that it existed on a small scale in the 70's