There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rate our WR's As a Core Group so far.

Rate our WR's As a Core Group so far.

Whether it's Hill, or Smith, since OTA's, during TC, during the QB battle. At a lot of very important and crucial times, we have drops, no dives, int's, no separation, etc.

Week in and Week out, whether rookie, first, second, or beyond, I'm watching great ones, and no named WR's make the plays that they are supposed to make. Hill takes a sack, Smith throws and INT. I'm not saying it's all on the WR, but why is it that im seeing almost every other team's WR's make things happen when there is a bad or not perfectly thrown pass.

Every week, dipping, diving, dunkin, jumpin, i mean s**t, some i think to myself, damn did u see that dive, dam did u see how the qb got the ball between two defenders on the numbers, and they still make sumthin happen. Why is it that our QB can make an ok throw at times, they miss the pass, or give up, and dont fight for it, and we blame it on the QB, and like i said i've noticed this since Hill was QB.

So i guess im saying as a group how do you think they have performed collectively as a unit so far in comparison with the rest of the league's groups.
The Niners will have a solid unit when all of the WR's go after the ball like Crabtree. I voted C, but I think they are on the rise......
I voted d but they have a, b potential if we would use them more regularly so that they can get in sync with the qb. we just have to pass on this man coverage, 8 man fronts these teams are use and make them respect our passing game so that gore can start gashin em again. these recievers are young and physical and i would like to see crabtree, morgan, and hill give these defenses nightmares while freeing up vd, gore and smith to do their things. of course the line has to hold up for this to happen. lets hope it does. my d rating was based purely on productivity thus far, but definitely not based on what i think these guys ceilings are
D, sorry, but they have done very little this year, they don't suck enough to have an F, but all homerism aside, they haven't been very good so far this year.

On the bright side, things are looking better though by having Crabtree, hopefully we see a passing game again soon.
Originally posted by King49er:
D, sorry, but they have done very little this year, they don't suck enough to have an F, but all homerism aside, they haven't been very good so far this year.

On the bright side, things are looking better though by having Crabtree, hopefully we see a passing game again soon.

humor us and at least give em a D in their overall grade just based on their abilities to be A downfield blockers for gore. Ha Ha
WR stats: F : our leader this year will finish with around 600yds at most. Not including VD, our TE. Not good.
WR core: C : adding Crabtree helped alot, Bruce is washed, Morgan has dissapointed, and Hill has been on the bench, but now on the rise.
WR potential: A : Crabs will be a legit number 1, he already has some of the best hand in the NFL. Morgan may not be a burner, but he does have the play make ability. Hill and Jones bring speed, and they are all young !!
Im surprised more people haven't crucified Crabs for all the drops he's had. Especially after all the hate.

Then again, he clearly the best receiver we have.
I think that once the young guys get in sync we will be set for years. Morgan is going through the dreaded sophomore slump, and will get better. Continuity is of the utmost importance right now, we cannot keep changing OC's every year.
D

The group as a whole is very young and it shows. They make crutial mistakes at crutial times. Some of these mistakes have resulted in turn overs taking the ball away from the offense. There are at least 2 false start penalties on the WR's per game. All of these can and probably will be fixed and when that does the overall perfomance will improve.
Originally posted by kemp_j:
The Niners will have a solid unit when all of the WR's go after the ball like Crabtree. I voted C, but I think they are on the rise......

This. I think this unit will improve by the time the season is over. They will be younger, faster & more athletic with Bruce leaving the starting lineup. It would also help if they use more of the spread formations too!
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
Until Crabs steps up and proves he's a legit #1, all we have is an old dude and a bunch of young guys who need to work on their route running.
We have one #1 receiver and 4 #3 receivers. We need a legitamate #2 receiver. A John Taylor type.
So far, our corp group sucks.

Our impressive offseason guy, Jones is nowhere to be found.

Mr. Reliable, Battle is nowhere to be found.

Our #1 and #2 guys heading into the season just dropped to #4 and #2 and #2 may not even be as affective as our #3 Hill.

Hill (#90) on the receiving depth chart looks like he will probably pass up our original #1 (Morgan) in terms of effectiveness.

Crabtree is the only consistent guy right now and he wasn't even in the NFL until 4 weeks ago.
C, but with the potential to be an A-
D for discombobulated.

Crabtree is the only reason why it isn't an F.