LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 194 users in the forums

49ers 2010 Offensive Coordinator...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Unless Norv Turner gets canned, I say we stick with Raye and try consistency for once.

Come on man, everyone knows that the only way to have a great offense is to change the OC every single year...

I understand changing the coordinator every year is aweful for a team but that doesnt mean we should settle with a bad one just to have consistency. Im not saying we actively go on the hunt for a new OC after the year its just a thought because i dont think Weis will be up for another head coaching job anytime soon so we can possibly land an OC who is smart and who will stay. Not to mention he is decent with quarterbacks just like Norv.

Okay, let's assume for a second that during the offseason, we fire Raye and bring in Charlie Weis as our OC. What happens then next season if we're 4-5 at this same point and our offense is bottom 10 in the NFL again. You'll have a s**tload of people screaming for Weis to be fired and for us to bring in a new coordinator. It's an endless cycle until you start to understand that CONTINUITY wins in the NFL, not hiring a new coach every season and expecting him to fix things immediately.

It will be time to bring in a new GM, new coach, and new coaching staff. Singletary is an extension of the Nolan regime. If we fail again next season that puts us at 6 years of McCoughlan's regime without any success whatsoever.

Time to reshake things.
Weis would go back to NE end of story.
Originally posted by Arnazbattle4life:
The only way I see us getting a new coordinator is if Alex smith doesn't show anything within the last 7 games and we get a quarterback in the draft because honestly Sing is in love with Raye and unless smith and raye tank I don't see it happening

I agree with what ur sayin but at the same time i dont see jed/scott keeping raye around if our O doesnt do somethin by seasons end...
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Unless Norv Turner gets canned, I say we stick with Raye and try consistency for once.

Come on man, everyone knows that the only way to have a great offense is to change the OC every single year...

I understand changing the coordinator every year is aweful for a team but that doesnt mean we should settle with a bad one just to have consistency. Im not saying we actively go on the hunt for a new OC after the year its just a thought because i dont think Weis will be up for another head coaching job anytime soon so we can possibly land an OC who is smart and who will stay. Not to mention he is decent with quarterbacks just like Norv.

Okay, let's assume for a second that during the offseason, we fire Raye and bring in Charlie Weis as our OC. What happens then next season if we're 4-5 at this same point and our offense is bottom 10 in the NFL again. You'll have a s**tload of people screaming for Weis to be fired and for us to bring in a new coordinator. It's an endless cycle until you start to understand that CONTINUITY wins in the NFL, not hiring a new coach every season and expecting him to fix things immediately.

It will be time to bring in a new GM, new coach, and new coaching staff. Singletary is an extension of the Nolan regime. If we fail again next season that puts us at 6 years of McCoughlan's regime without any success whatsoever.

Time to reshake things.

Sing will get ATLEAST 2 years, bank on it.
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Nov 20, 2009 at 8:42 AM ]
Originally posted by AiNoKea:

Not only will we NOT be looking for an offensive coordinator, but Weis probably won't go back to New England either. He will be a serious candidate for HC of several teams (Bills, Browns, Bucs, Raiders, Chiefs).

Our next OC will come from within, and it will probably be Tom Rathman.
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:

Not only will we NOT be looking for an offensive coordinator, but Weis probably won't go back to New England either. He will be a serious candidate for HC of several teams (Bills, Browns, Bucs, Raiders, Chiefs).

i doubt that

Time to reshake things.

I agree about McCloughan, and I think this draft will be make or break for him. We have a chance to significantly upgrade the OL and pass rush (the two weakest parts of this team) and if we can't do that with two first round picks and some smart drafting in the middle rounds, then he's done.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Time to reshake things.

I disagree, and here's why. If the Niners fail next year with 2 1st rounders McCoughlan is gone. The new GM is going to want his guy.

You don't stick with something that is below average for the sake of continuity. Talent wins in the NFL. Both on the field and on the sidelines. We are making some progress with the field talent, but we've gone backwards with the coaching talent. We can't continue to punch ourselves in the nuts with uncalled for and flat out ridiculous coaching hires.

Time to reshake things.

I disagree, and here's why. If the Niners fail next year with 2 1st rounders McCoughlan is gone. The new GM is going to want his guy.

Next year being the 2nd year if he fails i agree he will most likely be replaced, Im sayin he will not be gone this next offseason.

Originally posted by posterX:

You don't stick with something that is below average for the sake of continuity. Talent wins in the NFL. Both on the field and on the sidelines. We are making some progress with the field talent, but we've gone backwards with the coaching talent. We can't continue to punch ourselves in the nuts with uncalled for and flat out ridiculous coaching hires.

go away troll.
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:

i doubt that

I don't

go away troll.

Why the name calling?

go away troll.

Why the name calling?

I just call em as I see em.
  • flow
  • Veteran

Share 49ersWebzone