There are 292 users in the forums

49ers 2010 Offensive Coordinator...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Charlie Weis is fired by Notre Dame which I think is all but done already, do you think he would be a good hire as our offensive coordinator?

I dont wanna hear about people saying he sucked at ND because its different. The guy was a good coordinator for some super bowl teams and if he wants to get back into the NFL would he be a good hire for us?
I wouldn't mind that, as long as Charlie actually wants that job...He was a good coordinator, but idk...besides Daniels (and that offense blows) no coach, that has coached under Belichick, has made a name for himself.
  • Arnazbattle4life
  • Info N/A
The only way I see us getting a new coordinator is if Alex smith doesn't show anything within the last 7 games and we get a quarterback in the draft because honestly Sing is in love with Raye and unless smith and raye tank I don't see it happening
Unless Norv Turner gets canned, I say we stick with Raye and try consistency for once.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Unless Norv Turner gets canned, I say we stick with Raye and try consistency for once.

Alex Smith is getting more comfortable in this offensive scheme. Fixing the O-line and adding some speed in the skill positions (WR and RB) will make this offensive very capable.

I think Singletary is aware of this, and he wants another year of Raye before he hands the offensive reigns to Mike Johnson.

Come on man, everyone knows that the only way to have a great offense is to change the OC every single year...
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Come on man, everyone knows that the only way to have a great offense is to change the OC every single year...

I understand changing the coordinator every year is aweful for a team but that doesnt mean we should settle with a bad one just to have consistency. Im not saying we actively go on the hunt for a new OC after the year its just a thought because i dont think Weis will be up for another head coaching job anytime soon so we can possibly land an OC who is smart and who will stay. Not to mention he is decent with quarterbacks just like Norv.
Has changing the OC each year worked once for us thus far? We've promoted from within, brought in big names with HC experience, brought in lifelong OCs..................The only chance we have at getting better is to stick with something. Raye needs to stay.

This is also why I hate having a defensive head coach, if we had an offensive minded head coach we would run his system and the OC would simply be calling plays.
NO MORE NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Has changing the OC each year worked once for us thus far? We've promoted from within, brought in big names with HC experience, brought in lifelong OCs..................The only chance we have at getting better is to stick with something. Raye needs to stay.

This is also why I hate having a defensive head coach, if we had an offensive minded head coach we would run his system and the OC would simply be calling plays.

i don't hate having and defensive minded coach but that's a very valid point.
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 20, 2009 at 8:06 AM ]

NO
Originally posted by Arnazbattle4life:
The only way I see us getting a new coordinator is if Alex smith doesn't show anything within the last 7 games and we get a quarterback in the draft because honestly Sing is in love with Raye and unless smith and raye tank I don't see it happening

That's why the key to this whole thing, as well as, the key to our future, is to get Singletary out of here. Make the decision now while there are competent football guys out there! WTF is so hard to see about that I'll never know. I think it's because we have such a soft fan base. They just take what they are fed and then are told to shut up.

As the HMFIC of a group that truly cares about the direction this organization is taking, I have instructed my warriors to be relentless. You can hate us for being unruly, but you love us because we're saying the things that you want to say.
If I'm McCoughlan and Singletary I'm not betting the ranch that one more season of Raye and Smith is the answer to our problems.

Get rid of these clowns and let's bring in actual offense.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

I understand changing the coordinator every year is aweful for a team but that doesnt mean we should settle with a bad one just to have consistency. Im not saying we actively go on the hunt for a new OC after the year its just a thought because i dont think Weis will be up for another head coaching job anytime soon so we can possibly land an OC who is smart and who will stay. Not to mention he is decent with quarterbacks just like Norv.

Okay, let's assume for a second that during the offseason, we fire Raye and bring in Charlie Weis as our OC. What happens then next season if we're 4-5 at this same point and our offense is bottom 10 in the NFL again. You'll have a s**tload of people screaming for Weis to be fired and for us to bring in a new coordinator. It's an endless cycle until you start to understand that CONTINUITY wins in the NFL, not hiring a new coach every season and expecting him to fix things immediately.
Share 49ersWebzone