There are 160 users in the forums

Owens shouldn't be mentioned with "The Catch"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
even though it was only a wildcard game I still consider it a classic moment in 49er history, especially if you remember dealing with all the frustration over losing to the f**king packers all the time, it just felt good to finally beat those f**kers and get the monkey off our backs and send them home for the year
It was fun finally beating the Packers and all, but . . . we lost the next week. So I have a real hard time showing reverence for that play in any way close to "The Catch" that gave us our first Superbowl and launched the dynasty.
Originally posted by King49er:

Eh?
You hoser.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by King49er:

Eh?
You hoser.

Igloo's, poutine and such...
yes it should
It was an exciting game, but ultimately meaningless since they got beat the next week, and their season was over. TO was crying because it was a miracle that he finally caught a pass in that game.
Sucks for you then. It's The Catch II.
Originally posted by Esco:
Maybe the play should be called "The Diva" because it was the game that spawned the most epic diva in NFL history

stop it
Disagree. TO has turned out to be a douche, but at that time he was just a young, humble up and coming WR.

that play should of never happened. Rice fumbled the ball a few plays before that but it was ruled down by contact. Replay clearly showed he fumbled and a packer recovered.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Disagree. TO has turned out to be a douche, but at that time he was just a young, humble up and coming WR.

This
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
that play should of never happened. Rice fumbled the ball a few plays before that but it was ruled down by contact. Replay clearly showed he fumbled and a packer recovered.
hey, the refs owed us about 5 more of those. The packers got too many calls their way. We were due.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
hey, the refs owed us about 5 more of those. The packers got too many calls their way. We were due.

Agreed . . . we got hosed in Green Bay a bunch of times.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Agreed . . . we got hosed in Green Bay a bunch of times.

Yeah. I'm not saying that the league conspired against the 49ers but for a VERY long time it seemed and sometime STILL seems that they didn't go out of their way to call fair and unbiased games where we were concerned. I'd write a book about all the garbage calls(and not get all of them in, it would be so big) but I'd be afraid the league would hold that against em and continue to penalize them with the laze fare officiating.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone