LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

Dang Jerry Rice!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TFSP
"Why you have to spend some time this past summer with Larry Fitzgerald?"-- a mad fan.

Did you fans happen to catch Jerry on ESPN''s First Take this morning? That man said he spent time with OUR most hated rival WR, and gave him knowledge of the game. Should he be spending time with the 49ers young wrs instead? Would Ronnie Lott spend time with Ed Reed, or at least make it public that he did. That's monkey sh*t I think, but what do you think?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Not an issue for me personally.
this is stupid, not what jerry rice did but that you actually made a thread about this
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
nm
[ Edited by TJA85 on Nov 19, 2009 at 10:01 AM ]
And dang you, Jerry Rice, for those 11 catches for 215 yards in Superbowl 23. Thanks a lot!
Originally posted by valrod33:
this is stupid, not what jerry rice did but that you actually made a thread about this

i 2nd this powerful statement
Originally posted by TFSP:
"Why you have to spend some time this past summer with Larry Fitzgerald?"-- a mad fan.

Did you fans happen to catch Jerry on ESPN''s First Take this morning? That man said he spent time with OUR most hated rival WR, and gave him knowledge of the game. Should he be spending time with the 49ers young wrs instead? Would Ronnie Lott spend time with Ed Reed, or at least make it public that he did. That's monkey sh*t I think, but what do you think?

Jerry Rice isn't an employee of the 49ers and can do whatever he wants with his time. Many retired NFL players spend time in the off-season with players from different teams. Chances are, Larry Fitzgerald paid Rice to work out with him.

Get over it.
Originally posted by lamontb:

i 2nd this powerful statement
Originally posted by luv49rs:

Concur. The best thing a retired athlete can do is to share his knowledge to the players of today or all these knowledge can be lost once he is gone.

I am proud of Rice doing this because some players can get territorial about his records or other players become "better" then them. Not Rice and not a lot of player. If you ask them for help, they will gladly give it.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Originally posted by luv49rs:

Concur. The best thing a retired athlete can do is to share his knowledge to the players of today or all these knowledge can be lost once he is gone.

I am proud of Rice doing this because some players can get territorial about his records or other players become "better" then them. Not Rice and not a lot of player. If you ask them for help, they will gladly give it.

below

above
Jerry training with other receivers doesn't bother me. This thread bothers me though...
I applaud Jerry for wanting to pass the knowledge to anyone willing to listen. In this case, the best WR in the NFL right now IMO.

I am willing to bet serious money that he would come work with the 9ers WRs too if they called him up and offered him some sort of consulting job. In fact, I think he would do that for any other organization because he is a standup guy and is willing to share his love for the game....
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

whats racist about what i wrote
Share 49ersWebzone