There are 295 users in the forums

How Much Faith Do You Have In The Team With 7 Games Remaining

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How Much Faith Do You Have In The Team With 7 Games Remaining

We pretty much have to win this weekend to have any realistic chance of the playoffs. Let's see which team shows up..

If our Defense plays like it did against Indy, I like our chances of winning a low scoring slugfest.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
ZERO.

Yes, honestly, count me as one of the few, the proud, the 9%
Originally posted by billbird2111:
ZERO.

You're proud to have zero faith in your team?

Good luck with that.

• obx49
  • Veteran
We control our destiny essentially, if we win against GB then we are in great position for a WC spot and if we lose we're basically done and we will have to depend on other teams to lose to get in.
1 game at a time....

have faith!...if we win ugly like we did last thursday vs chicago...so be it!

a WIN is a WIN!
Not much honestly. That loss to the Titans plus getting 5 picks off Cutler and only 1 TD to show for it really made me lose faith in this season. The D is there but we need a QB.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
ZERO.

Good luck with that.

I agree... zero
They SHOULD beat the Seahawks, Lions and Rams. BUT playing the Seahawks and the Rams at their home site, it's possible that the 49er's could lose one of them.

Maybe even both, depending on their won - loss record by that time. Sometimes, when a team is really down ... some of the players throw in the towel and just goes through the motions. This even with Singletary's demeanor.

I think that 8-8 is the best possible scenario here unless they SUDDENLY find an OFFENSE. You can only expect so much out of your defense, but if the offense is NOT pulling their weight, the defense will NOT stay motivated to keep on fighting 110%.

Just ask Mike Nolan!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 19, 2009 at 11:50 PM ]
We can will all of them we should expect to win all of them, this team has talent, this team is a good NFL team, anything less than running the table is a failure.
Is it about play off victories-NO
Every season should be about one thing and one thing only WINNING THE SUPER BOWL!
Anything less than that is a failure, I want winners!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Nov 20, 2009 at 5:45 PM ]
Originally posted by posterX:
ZERO.

Good luck with that.

I agree... zero

what a surprise.

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by King49er:
ZERO.

honestly?

we were pretty bad last year too with a much worse record.

You think there is zero chance that something can click like it did last year?

The motivational speeches are already losing their effect. At some point a team just plays up to or in our case "down to" their real level. Motivational speeches don't last all season.

i think this whole motivational speech thing is overblow anyway. I doubt he's giving motivational speeches every day. The fact is Singletary just has a charisma when he speaks that people listen. He used that at a time to give motivational speeches to companies and such. Many people now (falsely) believe he's trying to give a rah-rah speech every time he talks to the team and that just isn't the case. As the Mic'd up session he had earlier in the season, he's more often telling playing to get thier heads out of their asses.
Isnt that motivation Bro?

wow.... so head coaches aren't supposed to motivate their players anymore?..... there's a difference between speeches and pep-talks. as a player in high school, we never once got a motivational speech from our head coach. just pep-talks.
How much faith? I'll tell you after the GB game.....
All that know me here know that my faith goes without bounds...call it "Kool-Aid"..."Homerism" ...whatever you want to label my support for this team. Other believe like I do, no questions asked, put on the helmet, and lets "like this kind of Party!" We love the emotion of Singletary and respect as much as we don't want to because he was a Bear, but the fact is he truly has changed the entire culture of the team...right now that core is set...the foundation set.

Right now, we can't change administratively. Instead, we can make changes in the team and we continually have since our debacle with Atlanta. Think about that for a moment and ponder the fact that we have not has a consistent team because of injuries, starters changing, and play calling being modified to accommodate those changes. But we should be 11-5!

I am one that called for 10-6 to 11-5 no matter what because I believed that the deficiencies in talent could be overcome with focus, determination, character, and drive lead by the Sarge! Wrongo! I do admit I underestimated some players and talent is as talent does.

The talent has increased in our offense over since Atlanta, the lowest point since I can remember worse than any of Nolan's losses for sure because of the expectation. We were just talented depleted at QB and their game plan so exposed that.

Now with Smith, Gore, Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, and Hill, we have weapons with talent which is evident. These comrade in arms need more time to gel and when they do look out even with a deficient OL. Our offense can now expand and make the D spread out leaving the 8-9 man in the box a thing of the past...really. Gore can take advantage of the spread and so can Alex.

While the offense has had to deal with some major changes in their scheme and personnel, the defense has not had to deal with so much. That is why we see major consistency in the run game. Done with that topic as we know we got the run D down pat. We now have Brown and a successor for Spikes. Still, we make plays on D as FIVE picks will attest last weak. We just have to focus on wrapping up better.

These points are why I have faith. It is just not blind. There is some credence to it as evident by the potential we have in our new players, our new schemes, and our new will.

The kids have to make plays pure and simple. They do, the coaches trust and that opens up the playbook while allowing a natural aggressiveness to take hold.

We don't and make mistakes, don't tackle, not focus and continue to squelch game-changing momentum, then the dark side will come out in droves.

Faith?

Yes.
Originally posted by posterX:
ZERO.

Good luck with that.

I agree... zero

what a surprise.
Share 49ersWebzone