LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

How Much Faith Do You Have In The Team With 7 Games Remaining

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How Much Faith Do You Have In The Team With 7 Games Remaining

Day in and day out all I read on these posts are so called fans that have no faith. All they do is crap on this team every chance they get. This team is still fairly young and promising and we have above average talent. Last year, before nolan got fired we passed the ball and passed the ball and suffered turn over after turn over. Yet when singletary took over their seemed to be a more balanced approach on offense. Now that singletary had his way and found what he was looking for in a coordinator. We were going to pound the ball right down the opposing defense throats and when that did not work we turned to a pass happy attack again. I wanted them to get rid of mike martz because I think he cost us a few games which may have gave the last wild card spot a run for it's money. Now I'm not so sure if that was a good idea. I believe the butting of heads between singletary and martz as far as their offensive approach may have been what kept balance on this offense. If you think about it, how much different is this years unit from last year, as far a players and starting positions. Frank Gore Vernon Davis Josh Morgan. If anything our wr corp may well be better than last year. Brandon Jones Michael Crabtree.
Where is the freakin "Run the table baby" Button!
That'd be too good to be true, but I'm still hoping for a miracle.
AZ is one Kurt Warner injury away from losing every game they have left, their back up is seriously terrible.
I have plenty of faith, the teams we play are all beatable(even the eagles) so we should just do what we need to do to win and we will be fine!
In the remaining games this season, we have a good chance of beating three teams: Seahawks, Lions and Rams. So, at least on paper, we can potentially claim 3 more victories. That takes us to 7 wins. That won't cut it, not after 6yrs of below avg performance, all the playoff talk and off-season hype and all that stuff.

We need to win at least two from these four: Packers, Jaguars, Cardinals and Eagles.
Maybe Jaguars and Cardinals at home? Who knows.
I would say there is still some hope, but not too much.
By this time, we know what we are going to get from the 2009 49ers. I'll still watch, root, cheer, yell at my TV...but I have lowered my expectations of this team finally making the playoffs.
I think we go 4-3 down the stretch and end up 8-8, a few games back of AZ. You can't win the NFL with a bad offense, especially if your defense isn't dominating...we have a very good defense, but not good enough to compensate for how bad the offense is.

So I think we avoid another losing season, but don't quite make it over .500.
I believe the Niners are building a winning team; so I have faith that they can get it done.

Win or lose, I'm a Niner for life!!! Always faithful
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
ZERO.

honestly?

we were pretty bad last year too with a much worse record.

You think there is zero chance that something can click like it did last year?

The motivational speeches are already losing their effect. At some point a team just plays up to or in our case "down to" their real level. Motivational speeches don't last all season.

I just don;t get it, he tightened this team up last year and started putting wins on the board.

I really think they can pull it together again, I just don't see Arizona losing many more games

I think thats were part of the problem is... I'm beginning to think he tightened to much.

Originally posted by darkknight49:

this much.

gawd he is one ugly sob.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
ZERO.

honestly?

we were pretty bad last year too with a much worse record.

You think there is zero chance that something can click like it did last year?

The motivational speeches are already losing their effect. At some point a team just plays up to or in our case "down to" their real level. Motivational speeches don't last all season.

i think this whole motivational speech thing is overblow anyway. I doubt he's giving motivational speeches every day. The fact is Singletary just has a charisma when he speaks that people listen. He used that at a time to give motivational speeches to companies and such. Many people now (falsely) believe he's trying to give a rah-rah speech every time he talks to the team and that just isn't the case. As the Mic'd up session he had earlier in the season, he's more often telling playing to get thier heads out of their asses.
Isnt that motivation Bro?
Prob only 2 more wins for us. Anything more and I will be very surprised.
I have my doubts almost every week, but the team goes in and plays hard. The turning point for me was the Colts game. In years past it would have been an ugly blowout, but we were in until the end. Same goes for Minnesota. That proved to me that this team can hang with anybody (I'm counting ATL as an aberration as we've been competitive in every other game).

My doubts are about whether Sing can turn "hanging" into winning. I think part of the problem is that we're all accustomed to sucking and its hard for us, collectively, to really believe that the niners are competitive again--which they most assuredly are.
2 games out of first. Technically in control of our wild card destiny. The same faith I had to go 8-8, 9-7 and make the playoffs I had in April. I always have faith.
Share 49ersWebzone