There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How Much Faith Do You Have In The Team With 7 Games Remaining

How Much Faith Do You Have In The Team With 7 Games Remaining

if they can get the choking out of their system then i have quite a bit. i've said it before & i'll say it again, look at the vikings, colts & the titans games. 4 out of 5 of our losses are moral victories(even though technically that doesn't mean sh!t) & 3 of those 4 were choke jobs. those choke jobs weren't against avg or scrub teams but some of the top teams in the league. two of the team lead their conf. while one is undefeated. to me this is a good team with some problem & choking is definitely one of them. if they can get that out then ya i have some faith.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I definitely have some hope. I don't quite think we have enough talent or depth at some positions, and we need to find a new O-Line coach, but I'm hopeful.

I agree, and they need some new o lineman as well as a coach.
It's almost Thanksgiving and they aren't out of it yet. In recent years they were, so that is something to be thankful for. Footballoutsiders.com gives them an 18% chance to make the playoffs, 9% as a division winner and 9% as a wild card. That seems accurate to me. If they can win at Lambeau that number will shoot way up. Go Niners!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Some and sinking fast, the excitement from Smith's 2nd half at Houston seems a distant memory. That 10-6 victory over Chicago was painful to watch.
IMO we will make a pretty good run at a wild card, hopefully everything comes together and both sides of the ball play smart and aggressive and make some plays
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
I understand we're all fans and we want the team to do well, but how can anyone have zero faith? Why even watch the games? Why be on the message board? Why even care?

Thats well said GB, personally i have alot of faith after our last win, we have to have faith, we still have a chance to make the play-offs and until that chance is gone the faith is still there.
Originally posted by BobS:
That 10-6 victory over Chicago was painful to watch.

I felt hung over the next day and I didn't even drink while watching the game.

This team is as good as their offensive line... if they can open holes and pass block, the defense will usually do their job.
It's not faith in the team I worry about, but faith in the organization as a whole. I guess I'm looking beyond this season and I just feel much needs to occur before the team is turned around:

1) Chris Forester must go; we need a OL developer.
2) Either McCloughan needs to go or needs to hire a VP of Player Personnel
3) Personnel decisions need to be improved (KR, RB)

Until these issues are addressed or changed, I have little hope this will be a team north of .500.
Ask me again at 1:30 PST on Sunday.
always have faith
The team is playing about as well as I thought they would at the beginning of the season. So I have plenty of faith in them being competitive throughout the remainder of their season. If somehow they sneak into the playoffs, though, I think they'll get bounced out in the first round. I'm still looking towards next season as the season where they become true contenders again.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
For making the playoffs? None. Realistically the best the team can hope for is to improve and develop on offense, considering we have new starters at 2 WR, QB, and most of the Oline that's all you can hope for. We have to develop Smith as the QB crop next year is loaded with questions, and it's doubtful we'll be in positin for one anyway. Even if so by some chance, to put in a rookie QB would put us right back at 2005. The team is set up to succeed next year with some Oline help and a pass rusher or two. We have to put Smith in positions to succeed because I don't see how he isn't the Day 1 starter next year. Davis could be ready half way through, but not to start Day 1.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
It's almost Thanksgiving and they aren't out of it yet. In recent years they were, so that is something to be thankful for. Footballoutsiders.com gives them an 18% chance to make the playoffs, 9% as a division winner and 9% as a wild card. That seems accurate to me. If they can win at Lambeau that number will shoot way up. Go Niners!

I think our chance of winning the division is probably lower than 9%. Look at the Cardinals remaining schedule. They still play the Rams twice and the Lions. Those are pretty much 3 guaranteed wins right there. That gives them 9 wins on the season with Ten, Minn, SF, and GB left to go. If they win any two of those or just the one against us, they will have the division locked. Ten and Minn are also at home for them.

To add... that Brett Favre miracle will likely prove to be the play that keeps us from winning the division.
[ Edited by ghostrider on Nov 19, 2009 at 9:16 AM ]
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

I think our chance of winning the division is probably lower than 9%. Look at the Cardinals remaining schedule. They still play the Rams twice and the Lions. Those are pretty much 3 guaranteed wins right there. That gives them 9 wins on the season with Ten, Minn, SF, and GB left to go. If they win any two of those or just the one against us, they will have the division locked. Ten and Minn are also at home for them.

To add... that Brett Favre miracle will likely prove to be the play that keeps us from winning the division.

You may turn out to be right. 9% isn't very much. The Cards have been steady on the road this year but historically they have shown that they can always screw up and lose an easy game.
Faith for Playoffs This Year = 50/50
Faith for Playoffs Next Year = 70/30

Amount of whining about what is wrong = 0.
Amount of fair weather fan attitude = 0.
Amount of support = 100