Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Goldtimer:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Shout out to all the Smith fans! Embarrassing!

It's a QB's world in today's NFL

He's lower than Russell!!

How, exactly, is that supposed to be amusing?

Because everybody outside of this organization realizes that this guy is a BUST! and we cant.

You seem pretty happy about this prospect. Yuo sure you're really a niner fan?

I could ask you the same thing. If you really were a Niner fan, wouldn't you want a position of need identified quickly and refilled? I mean you are a Niner fan right?

Or did you defend Kwame Harris this vigourously? False Starts is a very very very fixable problem. Why did we not give him 3 more years.

That lame question works both ways bud.

You are free to follow poor Alex to his next team....don't let the door hit you on the way out

Um, Vernon has more false starts this year than last year. We need to address the TE position.

Um, Vernon is the leading TE in the league with TDs! What positive trait does Alex have to offset the negatives?

Umm...he has been the one throwing him the ball.

Man! I cant shake you! You are like a fly on a fresh laid turd!

Admit it.... It's become personal because I dont like your boy ZombieEyes huh?
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Because everybody outside of this organization realizes that this guy is a BUST! and we cant.

I could ask you the same thing. If you really were a Niner fan, wouldn't you want a position of need identified quickly and refilled? I mean you are a Niner fan right?

Or did you defend Kwame Harris this vigourously? False Starts is a very very very fixable problem. Why did we not give him 3 more years.

You are free to follow poor Alex to his next team....don't let the door hit you on the way out

Um, Vernon has more false starts this year than last year. We need to address the TE position.

Um, Vernon is the leading TE in the league with TDs! What positive trait does Alex have to offset the negatives?

4 of Vernons TDs have come from Alex Smith, # from Hill

3 TD's from Hill in 4 1/2 games.

4 TD's from Smith in 2 1/2 games

this

4 of Vernons TDs have come from Alex Smith, # from Hill

3 TD's from Hill in 4 1/2 games.

4 TD's from Smith in 2 1/2 games

this

exactly if we give alex at least 3 seconds (doesnt seem to much to ask for) he usually makes the completion not to mention he is throwing like som 60% with this horrid o line and the dropped passes
  • ZRF80

wow you're a real fan of the team

the truth hurts
Originally posted by ZRF80:

the truth hurts

hurts? no not really seems how that is all a bunch of BS from some dumb ass who knows nothing about football. But hey neither do you so I can see why you would agree

the truth hurts

hurts? no not really seems how that is all a bunch of BS from some dumb ass who knows nothing about football. But hey neither do you so I can see why you would agree

Exactly, Alex Smith may not be very good but on his worst day he's better than JaMarcus Russell on his best.
  • ZRF80

the truth hurts

Yet, if that same "dumbass" had Smith's picture pasted next to Brady or Manning's, you'd be all over this thread claiming victory. You people are such hypocrites. Every analyst that calls Alex a bust is ridiculed and considered unworthy of football knowledge. I remember similar comments by Niner FANS towards Steve Young and Jerry Rice when they called Smith a bust as well. You guys can hang on to Alex's jersey for dear life, but it doesnt change the perception of him in the football world. Go watch tv for the next couple days. Every single media outlet is doing the "Smith vs. Rodgers" debate, and not one yet has defended the Niners for choosing Smith. And these are UNIBIASED fans, might I add. Not Niner fans trying to root for their players...just good football journalists stating the obvious. But you guys just dont seem to get that.

the truth hurts

Yet, if that same "dumbass" had Smith's picture pasted next to Brady or Manning's, you'd be all over this thread claiming victory. You people are such hypocrites. Every analyst that calls Alex a bust is ridiculed and considered unworthy of football knowledge. I remember similar comments by Niner FANS towards Steve Young and Jerry Rice when they called Smith a bust as well. You guys can hang on to Alex's jersey for dear life, but it doesnt change the perception of him in the football world. Go watch tv for the next couple days. Every single media outlet is doing the "Smith vs. Rodgers" debate, and not one yet has defended the Niners for choosing Smith. And these are UNIBIASED fans, might I add. Not Niner fans trying to root for their players...just good football journalists stating the obvious. But you guys just dont seem to get that.

You put Rodgers in Smith's position and you get the same results. And if you watch tv for a few hours you will hear them say that as well. And these are unbiased professionals not fans but professionals.
  • ZRF80

the truth hurts

You put Rodgers in Smith's position and you get the same results. And if you watch tv for a few hours you will hear them say that as well. And these are unbiased professionals not fans but professionals.

Coulda, woulda, shouldas. Smith has had 2 years as starter, and 2 years on the bench to watch and learn the game. I mean......geez.....are you implying that he's scarred for life because of what happened to him as a rookie ? When will he get over this post-traumatic stress syndrome of his ? I didnt know playing could be so damning to a player.

the truth hurts

Coulda, woulda, shouldas. Smith has had 2 years as starter, and 2 years on the bench to watch and learn the game. I mean......geez.....are you implying that he's scarred for life because of what happened to him as a rookie ? When will he get over this post-traumatic stress syndrome of his ? I didnt know playing could be so damning to a player.

actually he has had 2 years as a starter and 2 years recovering from an injury. So you are a doctor now and have diagnosed Smith with PTSD?? thats interesting. And here I thought he just needed to have the same Offensinve Coordinator for more than ohhh say 1 year at a time. But silly me

• ZRF80

the truth hurts

actually he has had 2 years as a starter and 2 years recovering from an injury. So you are a doctor now and have diagnosed Smith with PTSD?? thats interesting. And here I thought he just needed to have the same Offensinve Coordinator for more than ohhh say 1 year at a time. But silly me

Actually, I am a doctor......and from what you guys are posting, it sounds exactly like PTSD. Sounds ludicrous doesnt it ? And again, keep in mind that Hill seemed to have success with those same coordinators that Alex was having trouble with, and that includes the worst of the bunch: HOSTLER.

But anyways, I can see its pointless arguing with you. You're convinced that Alex is the next Montana; I'll just let his playing do the talking for me. But knowing the Zone, you guys will still come up with a list of Alexcuses this season. And IF (god forbid) Smith comes back next year and botches, well get an entire new list of Alexcuses (not comfortable with coordinator, not enough supporting cast, etc. etc.) like we have since he was drafted.

Some people just like to learn the hard way. I feel sorry for you........

the truth hurts

Actually, I am a doctor......and from what you guys are posting, it sounds exactly like PTSD. Sounds ludicrous doesnt it ? And again, keep in mind that Hill seemed to have success with those same coordinators that Alex was having trouble with, and that includes the worst of the bunch: HOSTLER.

But anyways, I can see its pointless arguing with you. You're convinced that Alex is the next Montana; I'll just let his playing do the talking for me. But knowing the Zone, you guys will still come up with a list of Alexcuses this season. And IF (god forbid) Smith comes back next year and botches, well get an entire new list of Alexcuses (not comfortable with coordinator, not enough supporting cast, etc. etc.) like we have since he was drafted.

Some people just like to learn the hard way. I feel sorry for you........

from what we are describing? Can you please remind me of the things I have been describing again.

This outght to be interesting

Make sure you get it all right and not make anything up like you have been
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
wth, ANOTHER smith thread?

This is Fantastic! ..really goood!

Yeah, another Smith thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man! I cant shake you! You are like a fly on a fresh laid turd!

Admit it.... It's become personal because I dont like your boy ZombieEyes huh?

No one is my boy, I don't root for players over team, unlike some on these forums. Just trying to remind you that Vernon wasn't throwing himself the ball. If you are going to give credit to him for catching the touchdowns, you have to give Smith credit for throwing them. Your double standards are ridiculous. The only thing I think is personal is your irrational bias against Smith. You had better get used to him being around, he is here until his contract is over. I just hope we don't have to spend another pick on one of these mediocre QB's coming out of college this year. The only QB I have seen that looks worth the draft pick is the kid from Stanford, and he is a freshman.

the truth hurts

LOL You keep bringing up that Jerry and Steve called him a bust, but Steve never even said flat out that he's a bust. The only comments about Smith that were negative IIRC were the Seattle game in 07 when he had the seperated shoulder, and just a few weeks ago Steve was on ESPN saying that Alex isn't a bust the guy's just a late bloomer. You sure you know what you're talking about?
Share 49ersWebzone