There are 313 users in the forums

McCarthy on Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Shout out to all the Smith fans! Embarrassing!

It's a QB's world in today's NFL

He's lower than Russell!!

How, exactly, is that supposed to be amusing?

Because everybody outside of this organization realizes that this guy is a BUST! and we cant.

You seem pretty happy about this prospect. Yuo sure you're really a niner fan?

I could ask you the same thing. If you really were a Niner fan, wouldn't you want a position of need identified quickly and refilled? I mean you are a Niner fan right?

Or did you defend Kwame Harris this vigourously? False Starts is a very very very fixable problem. Why did we not give him 3 more years.

That lame question works both ways bud.

You are free to follow poor Alex to his next team....don't let the door hit you on the way out

Um, Vernon has more false starts this year than last year. We need to address the TE position.
Originally posted by Goldtimer:

Because everybody outside of this organization realizes that this guy is a BUST! and we cant.

I could ask you the same thing. If you really were a Niner fan, wouldn't you want a position of need identified quickly and refilled? I mean you are a Niner fan right?

Or did you defend Kwame Harris this vigourously? False Starts is a very very very fixable problem. Why did we not give him 3 more years.

You are free to follow poor Alex to his next team....don't let the door hit you on the way out

Um, Vernon has more false starts this year than last year. We need to address the TE position.

so not even the point.

The point is, its OK to ridicule a Niner player and wish for his release and replacement if EVERYBODY else agrees. And we are still good fans. I used Kwame as an example....of a Niner who even while still a Niner was HATED on this board. Everybody wanted him gone. But that doesn't make any of us a bad fan?

So who gets to judge when it is being a bad fan for calling for a players head vs. a smart fan who clearly wants the best possible team taking the field??

My answer.....none of us get to make that judgement.
[ Edited by danimal on Nov 19, 2009 at 5:31 PM ]

so not even the point.

Point is, a lot of people (including me) were high on Vernon even though he was making a lot of mistakes and hurting the team. We rooted for him to get better and it took a coach to straighten him out and an OC to use him effectively. I believe the same coach that has brought out the best in Vernon, sees the same thing in Alex.

so not even the point.

Point is, a lot of people (including me) were high on Vernon even though he was making a lot of mistakes and hurting the team. We rooted for him to get better and it took a coach to straighten him out and an OC to use him effectively. I believe the same coach that has brought out the best in Vernon, sees the same thing in Alex.

see above. That proves my point.

Nobody gets to call somebody a bad fan. YOU can call some of your fellow fans idiots if you would like for wanting to scrap Vernon, but you can't question their fanhood, because they only wanted wants best for the team.

Ultimately being proven right or wrong does not dictate who is a good fan and who isn't...though it may who is a smarter fan(football wise) and who isn't.

I didn't want Kwame Harris to fail, or the Niners to suffer...I reached a point where I no longer had faith in him and hence the soooner the Niners replaced him the sooner we would not have a problem at LT. Nor did I care about being proven right....I just wanted a good tackle.

I didn't want Alex Smith to fail, or the Niners to suffer...I reached a point where I no longer had faith in him and hence the soooner the Niners replaced him the sooner we would not have a problem at QB. Nor did I care about being proven right....I just wanted a QB.
Pride is a funny thing. Those of you who declared early on that Alex was no good, and never would be, continue to bash him by pointing out his every mistake.

But you know what? No QB in the league plays error free. I am no epxert, but I watch games. I have watched the so-called "good" QBs throw off target, throw interceptions and fumble the ball. Indeed, I have seen many of the good QBs this year play more poorly than Alex.

I think that Alex is a good QB, and your bias against him will never let you admit it. He will get better to the extent that the other offensive players also do their job.

so not even the point.

The point is, its OK to ridicule a Niner player and wish for his release and replacement if EVERYBODY else agrees. And we are still good fans. I used Kwame as an example....of a Niner who even while still a Niner was HATED on this board. Everybody wanted him gone. But that doesn't make any of us a bad fan?

So who gets to judge when it is being a bad fan for calling for a players head vs. a smart fan who clearly wants the best possible team taking the field??

My answer.....none of us get to make that judgement.

And that is a good answer...you are correct, we just have to deal with what we are dealt. If someone doesn't like a player it doesn't mean they don't like the team. It just means that they have an opinion which better men than us have died to make sure we are free to express.

No I root for my niner players to do well. If alex Smith continues to show he's not the answer at Qb I'm not going to be happy about it because that means the niners aren't doing well.

I feel we don't know enough about him yet to make a decision one ay or the other...you disagree. Okay. He's had 2 years in which he was improving and then 2 years screwed over by injury. Not enough time to make a decision.

Who exactly do we have a the QB position who is any better? I don't root for positions of need to be identified because that means that we have problems and aren't a good team.

One thing I would never do is laugh at the fact that our franchise quarterback is not living up to expectations. One thing I would never do is rub failure into the face of other niner fans.

You can choose to enjoy yourself reading an opinion piece in which the writer says Alex smith is a bust and feel validated...me I choose to root for the nienrs and don't revel in the fact that we have a QB which some consider to be a bust.

Thank you.

No I root for my niner players to do well. If alex Smith continues to show he's not the answer at Qb I'm not going to be happy about it because that means the niners aren't doing well.

I feel we don't know enough about him yet to make a decision one ay or the other...you disagree. Okay. He's had 2 years in which he was improving and then 2 years screwed over by injury. Not enough time to make a decision.

Who exactly do we have a the QB position who is any better? I don't root for positions of need to be identified because that means that we have problems and aren't a good team.

One thing I would never do is laugh at the fact that our franchise quarterback is not living up to expectations. One thing I would never do is rub failure into the face of other niner fans.

You can choose to enjoy yourself reading an opinion piece in which the writer says Alex smith is a bust and feel validated...me I choose to root for the nienrs and don't revel in the fact that we have a QB which some consider to be a bust.

Thank you.

co-signed.

I'm really laughing my ass off about that.

He ranked Ben Roethlesberger as a LEGIT QB?!!!

Nevermind the guy put up the WORST numbers for a Winning QB. That's EVER.

And far as I am concerned until Smith gets his walking papers, he's not a bust. Has he not lived up to the expectations. I would say no he has not. But he's not the only part that wasn't. I say the coaching was more bust than Smith EVER was. And if people don't see that then I'm glad they are fans and not employed by an NFL team. Nothing ticks me off more than inept decisions caused by kneejerk people.

~Ceadder

so not even the point.

see above. That proves my point.

Nobody gets to call somebody a bad fan. YOU can call some of your fellow fans idiots if you would like for wanting to scrap Vernon, but you can't question their fanhood, because they only wanted wants best for the team.

Ultimately being proven right or wrong does not dictate who is a good fan and who isn't...though it may who is a smarter fan(football wise) and who isn't.

I didn't want Kwame Harris to fail, or the Niners to suffer...I reached a point where I no longer had faith in him and hence the soooner the Niners replaced him the sooner we would not have a problem at LT. Nor did I care about being proven right....I just wanted a good tackle.

I didn't want Alex Smith to fail, or the Niners to suffer...I reached a point where I no longer had faith in him and hence the soooner the Niners replaced him the sooner we would not have a problem at QB. Nor did I care about being proven right....I just wanted a QB.

Wow. We got rid of Kwame and the problem at RT still exists. Go figure.

Btw I did say MANY times before that the Refs actually LOOKED for Harris to commit penalties. This is not what a Ref's job entails. Refs are supposed to be IMPARTIAL. Indifferent to the two teams that are playing and just officiate the game as it unfolds. But now Kwame is gone an you don't hear anything about how he's playing. Good bad or indifferent.

I'm sorry that people felt the need to lambaste him when he wasn't as bad as people thought he was. I know for a fact there were quite a few calls that he got flagged for that were so ticky tack that they weren't even worth the energy of throwing the flag and blowing the play dead.

~Ceadder

Um, Vernon is the leading TE in the league with TDs! What positive trait does Alex have to offset the negatives?

Thank you.

Um, Vernon is the leading TE in the league with TDs! What positive trait does Alex have to offset the negatives?

Umm...he has been the one throwing him the ball.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

4 of Vernons TDs have come from Alex Smith, 3 from Hill
[ Edited by valrod33 on Nov 20, 2009 at 2:41 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

4 of Vernons TDs have come from Alex Smith, # from Hill

3 TD's from Hill in 4 1/2 games.

4 TD's from Smith in 2 1/2 games
Share 49ersWebzone