LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

The Barry Sims Question?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:
Should we keep Barry as the starter on the left and move Staley to the right were he played great. Also leave him there and go after a stud LT in the off-season and sign Barry as the back up over there at LT and draft a RT for Staley's back up.

Why should this even be an option? Staley did pretty well his rookie year at RT. Sims OBVIOUSLY sucks at that spot. But has been pretty damn solid at LT.

This is a no brainer imho. You start Sims at Left and Staley at right.

~Ceadder

Agree!!!
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:
Should we keep Barry as the starter on the left and move Staley to the right were he played great. Also leave him there and go after a stud LT in the off-season and sign Barry as the back up over there at LT and draft a RT for Staley's back up.

Why should this even be an option? Staley did pretty well his rookie year at RT. Sims OBVIOUSLY sucks at that spot. But has been pretty damn solid at LT.

This is a no brainer imho. You start Sims at Left and Staley at right.

~Ceadder

Co-signed.

look at the big picture, we just gave Staley a 7 year extension to be our LT for a long time. we already moved him once and such a large and long financial commitment to the guy we need to give him consistency and try and let him realize 100% of his potential.

Sims has played well at LT but the guy historically SUCKS the Raiders cut him for God's sakes. I hope he continues to play well but I would not jeapordize Staley's development for Barry Sims.

i do not feel this would stunt staley's growth. when he comes back i am ot sure i would want him protecting the QBs blindside if he is at all rusty, and when he comes back how many weeks will be left?

also his contracty is a nice contract and still a good one if he is our RT of the future. but we need a G and T this offseason. i would accept a C and moving him or heitman to G, though i would prefer not too.

i am okay with rachal or baas at 1 G position, but the other has to be replaced.
Defensive ends are watching tape.... Sims breakdown is imminent.

That being said... GREAT JOB SO FAR BARRY!
Why not Sims to RT? That seems to be a big problem.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Sorry but sims playing 6 good quarters isn't good enough to move Staley to the right side. A real bonafide stud at LT and i have no problem moving Staley. I wouldn't mind him as a back up.

Okay then WHOM pray tell Starts at RT if Sims is a "Backup" still?

We get killed off the edge there right now. If Sims were to be moved BACK to RT we STILL get killed.

So are you still a fan of having a solid blocker ride pine waiting to get back on the field?

~Ceadder

Naw when i said back up I was pertaining to the thread starter saying the team should go sign another tackle in the off season and signing Sims as a back up LT. I wasn't talking about the current situation.
Share 49ersWebzone