LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Blame Alex thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Tip to get rid of idiotic trolls: Starve them.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
This is exactly what I was afraid of. We got our asses handed to us in the first half. That was the "real" 49ers squad. Inept on the offensive front with a defense trying its best to hang in the game. Alex Smith played atrocious. It was a tell tale of how this season has gone for us, and in the case of Alex Smith.......confirmed our suspicions that he's the same ole bust that he's always been.

But then GB got soft. They let off the aggression. The Niners became desperate (as we do in games where we're blown out by halftime) and started airing it out. All of a sudden, Alex looks like a hero. Attention is diverted away to OFF-FIELD issues (eg playcalling, coaching) instead of the garbage that is being displayed on the field.

Now..............even though we lost this game in the first half.........everyone is touting a MORAL VICTORY. No longer is Alex the bust that he's been since he became starter this season, but rather the unsung hero who brought his team back from extinction. Yeah, Ive seen this movie before.......try San Diego and Philadelphia 2006........where we were blown out by halftime + a piss poor performance by Smith, only to have him pad his stats against loose defenses in the 2nd half. End result = blind supporters flashing the "I love Alex Smith" badge and asking for his jersey to be retired next to Montana's.

And now we come full circle. Again, Alex comes up short in the first half. Niners get put out of the game. GB backs off in the 2nd....Alex gets a chance to open it up a bit (we'll forget the INT that led to GB's TD of course), and now we're shouting for a contract extension. Go Alex ! We know you're capable of "almost" winning it, and we'll ignore that you're one of the main reasons behind the loss to begin with.

Im sick of this s**t. There is no such thing as "moral" victories when you've been rebuilding for 7 years. There's no such thing as "moral" victories when your 1st round daft pick QB gets outshined by one who has a worse oline and supporting cast. And there's no "moral" victory with fans that find every damn excuse in the book to forgive their lame QB, who is ridiculed (watch highlights on NFL Network) by every major media outlet, but think they have a diamond in the rough that needs only a probowl RB, 2 probowl WRs, and 3/5 probowl OLinemen to showcase his REAL skills.

I really do wish that we would have lost, so we could finally start accepting the truth, instead of pretending that Alex will be a star if we use the spread offense. Yeah, like teams wont prepare for that. And then what, when we cant even get a completion with the spread ? Are we finally going to accept Alex as the bust that he is ? Oh no. We'll probably blame Raye or the oline as we always do.

PS - That INT wasnt Alex's fault. It was tipped by the leaf that was blowing in the wind.

Maybe the first TD to make it 30-17 was softer.. but not the next one that made it 24.. those were beautifully thrown balls and everyone knew it... the coaches are calling plays that are not letting alex smith play from his comfort zone and air it out.. its become clear that when he does air it out from shotgun it = more first downs...

i do agree the guy is makes idiotic decisions with the football.. but when the O-line blocks we can see what he can do
We need to combine all of ZRF80's MHSM threads into. He keeps posting the same thing week in and week out.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Get a stop watch and rewatch the first half of our offensive possessions.

Alex Smith threw 7 passes. He was sacked on 3 of 10 dropbacks. Smith wasn't atrocious, our line was. A QB cannot function if he's getting sacked 30 percent of the time. It's that simple. You can try to blameshift all you want, but I don't care who it is, we cannot have a successful QB with line play like that.

thx.... good post.. and in the second half i agree the GB defence did let up a little on the rush.. this gave alex more time to throw and and tore them a new one!!!! when the tearing started, the GB defense could not hold them off because their confidence level boosted
  • mando1988
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Squirrel:
ZRF80: STFU, Troll.
yeah man if we put in shaun hill or nate davis instead, we would do much better
Nice change of title.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Went ahead and edited the thread title so it better fits your...intentions. (Besides, it was misleading)

*Note to those who wish to respond to the OP...please refrain from personal attacks. Don't let your frustrations with his comments and possible agenda earn you a warning.*

*Note to the OP...you get this ONE thread to discuss this. NOT A NEW TAKE ON IT EVERY WEEK.*

Any questions, PM me.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mando1988:
Originally posted by Squirrel:
ZRF80: STFU, Troll.

FYI..."STFU" is warnable.

Careful...
  • lazy
  • Veteran
nvm.
[ Edited by lazy on Nov 22, 2009 at 8:43 PM ]

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Get a stop watch and rewatch the first half of our offensive possessions.

Alex Smith threw 7 passes. He was sacked on 3 of 10 dropbacks. Smith wasn't atrocious, our line was. A QB cannot function if he's getting sacked 30 percent of the time. It's that simple. You can try to blameshift all you want, but I don't care who it is, we cannot have a successful QB with line play like that.

But that makes sense. That can't be the reason.
Originally posted by eac49er23:
yeah man if we put in shaun hill or nate davis instead, we would do much better

i hope you were saying this sarcastically
EXACTLY

They call plays so the QB doesnt SH-T THE GAME DOWN THE TOILET YOU BLIND, NO NOTHING, JACKASSES!!!!!!!!!

My god, Smith IS NOT GOOD. Stop making excuses for him. If he was a good QB you shouldn't have to mold every part of an offense around him. He has had enough OCs to maybe know more than the College spread.

Stop trying to justify a #1 pick. He sucks, therefor we suck. Defend him and be just as worthless to this franchise as him.
Originally posted by Reckless:
EXACTLY

They call plays so the QB doesnt SH-T THE GAME DOWN THE TOILET YOU BLIND, NO NOTHING, JACKASSES!!!!!!!!!

My god, Smith IS NOT GOOD. Stop making excuses for him. If he was a good QB you shouldn't have to mold every part of an offense around him. He has had enough OCs to maybe know more than the College spread.

Stop trying to justify a #1 pick. He sucks, therefor we suck. Defend him and be just as worthless to this franchise as him.

Not true. He's great in the Spread or West Coast Offense, but we run neither. He isn't a drop back QB. Sad thing is as a coach to mold to your players strenghts not try to fit square pegs in to round holes.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Reckless:
EXACTLY

^^^
Share 49ersWebzone