LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Blame Alex thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
He just never seems to put togetehr a complete game. Will we ever se this guy play consistent ball for more than a half or even 3 quarters. It seems as though he hasn't built on anything. Which has to be hard to do when everytime you look up you have a new system and a new guy telling you what to do.

Four starts in after being out two years. Let's just let the season play out. Not you, but I swear some are fearing that Alex is going to do well down the stretch and they will be made to look ridicolous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfGUzVi7wJY

alex smith supporters at 1:30 LMAO
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Nov 23, 2009 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by BHulman:
He just never seems to put togetehr a complete game. Will we ever se this guy play consistent ball for more than a half or even 3 quarters. It seems as though he hasn't built on anything. Which has to be hard to do when everytime you look up you have a new system and a new guy telling you what to do.

Four starts in after being out two years. Let's just let the season play out. Not you, but I swear some are fearing that Alex is going to do well down the stretch and they will be made to look ridicolous.

This is exactly the problem. They realize that Smith isn't as bad as they try to make him out to be so they just turn a blind eye to anything that he does right and pray for him to fail.
Originally posted by backontop:

This is exactly the problem. They realize that Smith isn't as bad as they try to make him out to be so they just turn a blind eye to anything that he does right and pray for him to fail.

I think I would hold Merril Hodge's opinion of Smith over anyone's on this board. He's not just a voice on TV. He analyzes ALL coaches film.
Hail Jesus, someone who actually knows something about football and does not allow a less than decent QB to go unscathed. Smith's decision on his interception yesterday was awful. He had time and overthrew the receiver by five yards...just terrible. In the first half he caused at least two or three of those sacks by hanging on to the ball or running into the tackler. Terrible!

He did next to nothing against the Bears, he was horrible against the Titans....so other than two halves of football (where we were down by twenty or more points), what is it that makes some of you think Smith is worth the sh*t on the bottom of my shoes. Seriously, he is not a franchise QB and never will be. If you don't have one, you draft one.
"Small Hands"
Originally posted by DaNiners:
Hail Jesus, someone who actually knows something about football and does not allow a less than decent QB to go unscathed. Smith's decision on his interception yesterday was awful. He had time and overthrew the receiver by five yards...just terrible. In the first half he caused at least two or three of those sacks by hanging on to the ball or running into the tackler. Terrible!

He did next to nothing against the Bears, he was horrible against the Titans....so other than two halves of football (where we were down by twenty or more points), what is it that makes some of you think Smith is worth the sh*t on the bottom of my shoes. Seriously, he is not a franchise QB and never will be. If you don't have one, you draft one.

people refuse to believe two of those sacks were on Smith.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I blame Alex for not being able to block for himself, or catch the passes he did manage to get off, for not being out there to stop the guys running free through the defense, for not calling his own plays, for being drafted by Mike Nolan onto the worst niners team in 30+ years, for getting his shoulder shredded by a 330 pound lineman, global warming, teenage pregnancy, the national deficit, Obama, Sarah Palin, 9/11, social inequity, the Enron debacle, the Iraq war, Afghanistan, cancer, illiteracy, H1N1, unemployment, the decline of the dollar, and finally the never ending stream of ignorant posts about him on these message boards.

In that case, then I give credit only to the OL, WR, RBs, FB, and TEs in that almost comeback 3 TD second half.

We can go either way.

Honestly Joe, you'd probably be quite shocked at how little I care who you give credit to. You and some of the other posters here have proven to me beyond a doubt that you are pushing a personal agenda, and no doubt possess so little knowledge about the game of football that most here probably feel the same way. All I have to say is that JTO is the Man...wait maybe it is the Shaun Hill Starship...I don't think we have a great QB on the roster, but they do not grow on trees. You guys trying to blame one person for the piss poor play of the TEAM this past game are shortsighted and makes you guys look stupid. Just trying to keep you from once again making a fool of yourself, but hey...whatever lets you sleep at night.

The "personal agenda" we seek is called WINNING.

Dont you people get it ? The guy needs EVERYTHING to be perfect for things to go his way. One penalty.......drive over. One sack....drive over. Once the opposition takes the lead.......game over. Put him in a stress situation......he comes up short. Dont take my word for it. Go watch the gamefilm. And not just from Sing/Raye's playbook. Take a trip in Niner history and check his track record with Nolan/McCarthy, Nolan/Turner, Nolan/Hostler. It's the same thing over and over. The guy has done nothing (bar the Arizona and Seattle games in 06) that would make him seem like a franchise QB.

Let me repeat.......he has done NOTHING that would make him seem like a franchise QB. So instead of trying to fix eveything around him so that it is picture perfect.......why not find someone else that can execute in a flawed offense ? Dont guys like Brees and Favre work with mediocre receiving groups ? Dont guys like Rodgers have success with poor olines ? Dont guys like Flacco excel in conservative offenses ? Why can all these guys have success in "less than perfect" situations, but Alex needs everything to be just right.

Seriously......I just dont get how you people can accept losing for 7 years, and STILL be willing to risk another season (eg 2010) of possibly exiting early on......
Originally posted by DaNiners:

people refuse to believe two of those sacks were on Smith.

I will admit, it seems if Shaun Hill gets sacked its the oline's fault. If smith gets sacked its his fault. You just can't do that, its not fair.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
I blame Alex for not being able to block for himself, or catch the passes he did manage to get off, for not being out there to stop the guys running free through the defense, for not calling his own plays, for being drafted by Mike Nolan onto the worst niners team in 30+ years, for getting his shoulder shredded by a 330 pound lineman, global warming, teenage pregnancy, the national deficit, Obama, Sarah Palin, 9/11, social inequity, the Enron debacle, the Iraq war, Afghanistan, cancer, illiteracy, H1N1, unemployment, the decline of the dollar, and finally the never ending stream of ignorant posts about him on these message boards.

In that case, then I give credit only to the OL, WR, RBs, FB, and TEs in that almost comeback 3 TD second half.

We can go either way.

Honestly Joe, you'd probably be quite shocked at how little I care who you give credit to. You and some of the other posters here have proven to me beyond a doubt that you are pushing a personal agenda, and no doubt possess so little knowledge about the game of football that most here probably feel the same way. All I have to say is that JTO is the Man...wait maybe it is the Shaun Hill Starship...I don't think we have a great QB on the roster, but they do not grow on trees. You guys trying to blame one person for the piss poor play of the TEAM this past game are shortsighted and makes you guys look stupid. Just trying to keep you from once again making a fool of yourself, but hey...whatever lets you sleep at night.

Dont you people get it ? The guy needs EVERYTHING to be perfect for things to go his way. One penalty.......drive over. One sack....drive over. Once the opposition takes the lead.......game over. Put him in a stress situation......he comes up short. Dont take my word for it. Go watch the gamefilm. And not just from Sing/Raye's playbook. Take a trip in Niner history and check his track record with Nolan/McCarthy, Nolan/Turner, Nolan/Hostler. It's the same thing over and over. The guy has done nothing (bar the Arizona and Seattle games in 06) that would make him seem like a franchise QB.

Let me repeat.......he has done NOTHING that would make him seem like a franchise QB. So instead of trying to fix eveything around him so that it is picture perfect.......why not find someone else that can execute in a flawed offense ? Dont guys like Brees and Favre work with mediocre receiving groups ? Dont guys like Rodgers have success with poor olines ? Dont guys like Flacco excel in conservative offenses ? Why can all these guys have success in "less than perfect" situations, but Alex needs everything to be just right.

Seriously......I just dont get how you people can accept losing for 7 years, and STILL be willing to risk another season (eg 2010) of possibly exiting early on......

I don't agree. All of his 3 TDs in the Green Bay game were on 3rd-down or 4th-down. Not everything has to be perfect, but if you watch a lot of other teams, usually when they get sacked on 2nd-and-10 which leads to a 3rd-and-16, that ruins the drive. They'll call either a draw or a screen like 90% of the time because everyone knows that 3rd-and-16s are extremely difficult to convert. It's not his fault his OC and OL put him in these situations.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be blamed, but I think he gets a lot of the blame because it's easier to blame the QB.

This.

There seems to be some panic now that Smith is being put into a position to succeed.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by ZRF80:

We can go either way.

I don't agree. All of his 3 TDs in the Green Bay game were on 3rd-down or 4th-down. Not everything has to be perfect, but if you watch a lot of other teams, usually when they get sacked on 2nd-and-10 which leads to a 3rd-and-16, that ruins the drive. They'll call either a draw or a screen like 90% of the time because everyone knows that 3rd-and-16s are extremely difficult to convert. It's not his fault his OC and OL put him in these situations.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be blamed, but I think he gets a lot of the blame because it's easier to blame the QB.

Fair enough. But can you honestly tell me that you dont feel like our chances have slimmed every time we get a false start penalty ? You dont think Alex is a reason behind this ? And before you answer that....think back to 06. When we got all those offensive holding penalties (eg Kwame), did you feel comfortable with Smith on 3rd and long ?

Comeon now. Lets be real for once. The guy is mediocre at best. He had 2 chances against Tennessee to bring us back at the end. Perfect situation for all of you:

1) spread offense
2) oline protection

What did he do ? He didnt even give the team a chance. Threw 2 INTs right off the bat and cost us the game.

Why do you guys turn on the blinders in those situations ?
  • ZRF80

You're joking right ? I would pray that he proves me wrong and becomes the face of this franchise. Alex didnt kill my best friend. He's not sleeping with my girlfriend. I dont have a "personal" agenda against him. To be honest, he's a model QB off the field. Humble, quiet, hardworking. My issues with him lie only on the field. The difference between you and I is that I realized that he doesnt cut it back in 2006, while you hang on to slim hope that he will emerge as the heir apparent.

Doesnt even touch reality. A guy that has no "X" factor, cant even lead his team from behind, chokes under stressful situations.......and you think he can be "taught" to be great ? I highly doubt it. Wake up !
its ok. we're getting this guy next year anyway...

Share 49ersWebzone